Tuesday, February 12, 2013

DEEP EARTH

neurometaphysics.wordpress.com

Kids, when Ella and I found out we were paired for a collaboration, we both went "yippee!", as we're so comfortable working together, and our styles seem to blend well.   Ella suggested doing something with the Chakras, about which I know very little, but it seemed an intriguing idea. Then she proposed we do a Tree of Life Chakra poem, and that it would be the tree speaking.  Even better.

I learned that there are seven main energy centres, or chakras, in the body. The aim is to balance and enhance our body's energy.

Instead of doing verses that answered each other, as we at first attempted, I did some writing, than Ella came in and sprinkled her dazzle around, weaving my words amongst hers, casting beauty over the wise old Tree, who tends to be a little earth-bound at times.  It all grew from there.  Now when I read it, I seriously can't remember which lines are mine and which are hers, except when she uses her cute little " 'n " linking word. 

We had a funny moment when I asked, “Ummmmm………Ella, in the Passion chakra (orange), is our tree Having Sex?” She replied, “Yes! With the sun…..Photosynthesex!” Cackles.

Yes, we had fun. We hope you enjoy our creation.   Here's Ella.

Together, Sherry and I waved our magic wands over a root ball.  We hoped our garden skills could transform it.  We performed a bit of Zen n' Yoga, and balanced its Chakras.  Now, it is ready, for Mother Earth, our Imaginary Garden and all Toads :D   It was a thrill to work with the woman who  first dared me to write a poem, who might be Mary Oliver's long-lost sister!  Thank you Sherry, for the dare, for broadening my horizons, and for helping me cast a spell over a tree!
  
DEEP EARTH

VIOLET CROWN 
[Personal identification with the infinite. 
Oneness with God. 
Peace. Wisdom. Love.]
                       
Light up your eyes in wonder
Your crown of grace bejewels the midnight sky
and descends a purple robe as the myriad galaxies spin

Their mystical webs outline your canvas, your passion
your spirit arises to create,
your soul the paint,
your hands n' heart the brush

Stardust is you
the Ancients have tried to teach their mysteries
in delicate tunes
among a star-flung sky,
by a silver sea
peace, simplicity, respect
keys to the crown
as the last star descends
heed the wisdom of
the Wise Old Tree:
Head in the sky
feet on the Earth:
at one with it all!

INDIGO THE THIRD EYE
[Indigo-clearing subconscious to channel intuition. 
See Divine perfection in all things. Devotion.]

I am the Observer
I see into the vastness of forever
deep within my being
the Old Ones share their wisdom
Look through the cosmic window
into the universe's gifts
embrace each circle of life
look up
layers of blue behind shimmering wonder
I whisper to you
through indigo eyes our hearts align
in slumber we will meet
blanketed by your dreams
moonlight will transport me


Open limbs embrace
in concentric circles
the oracle delivers echoes of the past
cast in a net of dreams
blueprints of diamonds in the rough
underlying messages in a thousand tongues
and the smallest molecular intricacies
Buddha Moon winks
he reminds me clouds can comfort my head
he puts on his cobalt kimono
and white doves soar high
as we wait for Lunar Moth's dance of
luminous rippled light

BLUE THROAT CHAKRA
[Ability to verbalize. Expressing truth through the spoken word.]

Listening to
the song of the earth,
no thoughts,
just being-
with the gray-sky morning,
with the tall black pines,
with the top of the hills,
with the sea beyond,
her everlasting waves
ebbing and flowing
on an eternal shore.


In a sea of humanity across a Cerulean canvas
where Heaven hugs the shore and kisses the sea
the ebb n' flow washes one's heart whole                    
It saturates the Wedding Ring quilt of Earth
whispers of blue blur throughout the day
treasured thoughts of childhood whisper
in the wind, I see secret wings soar
into my dream
through the window of blue
my dream to glide towards my love
up, up, away...


HEART CHAKRA
[Release emotionally suppressed trauma. 
Soul/heart consciousness. Expressing love in action]

I tremble
Please, Humankind
I feel like a cracked vessel
inside, I imagine
hope buds n' swells
sun's mournful song
on gray days moves me
my emerald tears cling
to my branches

Deep in my heart I am spilling over
I witness the changing sky,         
the tops of mountain peaks,
the sea green waves outlining
the Endless Knot

My heart bursts open, knowing
we are intricately connected
to the rhythm of
Mother Earth's heartbeat
My wish is for all to love her back -
tears for her ravishing
one long last look before turning face
to the morrow,
already on its way,
as this dear old earth
turns and turns,
and turns again.

SOLAR PLEXUS CHAKRA
[Assimilation experience. Digestion. 
Positive use of personal power. Manifest goals]

Miss Topaz tip toes quietly into focus
spreading a blanket of golden trumpets
She conducts the symphony of a morning song
Her fluid hair cascades over the Serengeti
She begins her exercises: Sun salutations
She hovers above the trees, the grass,                           
I feel her amber kiss at noon
Her sweet whispers make me feel tall n' proud
I glow

SACRAL CHAKRA 
[Utilization of creative forces into all aspects of being.
High soul procreation. Direct self toward devotion.]

Morning light flickers and ignites 
the tender path I'm rooted to
Her embracing hug warms me
Her liquid light nourishes me
allowing my pockets of green spindle to climb
I feel passion radiate
her Tangerine rose fingers
awaken my heart
I slowly lunge towards her
like evaporated drops of rain on a Tiger lily's leaves
I emit heat
She playfully tickles the top of my branches        
I swoon

ROOT OR BASE CHAKRA
[Ground spirit forces in body.  Gain ability
to work lovingly on the human plane]

A tiny flame kindles
igniting scarlet embers
extending raw roots
spreading the surge of life
the ebb n' flow of tributaries reaching
for the deep earth
resurgence of life's promise in
the blush of day's surrender

I connect to the breath,
align mySelf with
the heartbeat
of Mother Earth,
move from head to heart,
feel the stillness at my core.

Thus, we endure.
Strong, we withstand,
our hearts,
our breath,
our lives
interwoven,
inexplicably attuned
to the pulse
of our Earth Mother.                          


epod.usra.edu



24 comments:

Mixi said...

Oooooo.... Mystic, spiritual, ethereal, whimsical, verses flowing like wind and water, now a fiery passion, now an earthy oneness with the universe - Reading this was like meditating with my eyes open.

Congratulations on composing not a poem, but a song.

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

hedgewitch said...

What a complex piece, you two. I'm very impressed with your dedication and spirit. I love the way you've used colors in this, and not just in the highlighting, but in the words. A wonderful collaboration--kudos, ladies.

GoddessChhavi said...

Photosynthesex! :D witty, Emma! :D I love the weave of words that you two have garnered here. I've been taught about chakras since I was born so this one felt close to heart. The body does indeed have certain chakras and they've all the healing powers hidden and thus, we meditate!

LLM Calling said...

wow, that's amazing, well done ladies

Scarlet said...

Lovely work Sherry and Ella ~

I learned something new about chakras and their colors/symbolism ~ I love the voices weaving nature's mystery with our thirst for connection and wisdom ~ May we aspire and listen always to the pulse of our Earth Mother ~

Grace

Kerry O'Connor said...

Yes, like Grace, I feel like I have come away from this collaboration with both new knowledge and also a sense of profound peace. The images resonate and all come together in a kind of centredness. I think it is a wonderful example of how two poets can work together to create something remarkable, and it's a grand way to end off our New Year project of collaborative poetry.

Gail said...

Wonderful creation

Susan said...

You two mystics and enthusiasts together! What a treat. I have never spent time gazing at Chakra before, so this introduction is a-maze-ing. I walk it with my eyes and heart to feel the colors, openings and peace. I'll be back to read it again later. Gratitude!

kaykuala said...

Sherry and Ella!
My, this is an education! Heard about it but now presented so clearly! In fact too much in one gulp! I would make hit and runs to savor this later. Thanks for sharing!

Hank

Fireblossom said...

Bosco and I love trees, though for somewhat different reasons. ;-)

A very ambitious undertaking, ladies. This must have taken you an age, and plenty of dedication. You do seem like a natural combination. Thanks for sharing something with us that you have clearly poured your hearts into.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

So happy that you like it, gals. It sort of wove its way along, as we felt our way. It rather astounds me, as I read it, to see what we have wrought, we wrote it during perhaps the busiest most stressful week of our lives. It was like giving birth! Hee hee.

Marian said...

wow, this blows me away, it's so far beyond my knowledge or imagination. i must be fairly root-bound! love the images, and especially that i noted a couple quilts patterns popping up, how clever. i am very, very impressed, and i love how reading this makes me feel. i think i'll come back and read it tonight, at the end of the day :)

Helen said...

My heart rate slowed, my breathing became more measured, a sense of calmness seeped into my very being ~~ as I read this 'creation.' Beautiful work Sherry and Ella, beautiful.

Maude Lynn said...

Wow! This is so impressive. What a fantastic idea!

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

I loved this--and I loved the colors and the richness you both brought to this--just gorgeous work! Blue and purple are my favorite!

Peggy said...

Wonderful Ella and Sherry! Thank you too for describing how you accomplished the collaboration. Now that I have tried one I am paying especial attention to how people do these--and I am learning a lot! I love how each pair has done the collaboration in an individual way!

Myrna R. said...

You two did a spectacular job here. May your shakras open wide and receive the most wonderful energy.

Susie Clevenger said...

This is a beautiful collaboration. There are spiritual/metaphysical elements in it that are so appealing. It lifted my spirits. Thank you for creating such a fantastic piece!

Ella said...

Thank you everyone!!! :D I will second what Sherry said-"it was like we gave birth." I enjoyed working with Wild Woman-I still believe she is Mary Oliver's sister, lol.

Oh, I love all of your comments! Thank you, so much! Sherry I am glad we aligned our love of nature and delivered a spiritual poem~

I will catch up with all of you and your poems-my sinuses are kicking my butt~

I am so happy to be part of this wonderful garden, as a Toad! xo

Mary said...

Sherry and Ella, I am late here in commenting; but I want to tell you both that you ROCKED this collaboration. This writing is so YOU.....BOTH of you! Bravo for accomplishing what looks like a very difficult collaboration in such a beautiful way!

Lolamouse said...

Sherry and Ella,
You two pulled this off in A WEEK?!! Even more of an accomplishment than it already is! I not only learned about the chakras but felt as if I was receiving ancient wisdom (and, no, that's not a comment on your ages, as I don't know them!)

Charmaine Clancy said...

Clever use of colour for your poem.

Herotomost said...

I would have expected such a grand piece from the two of you, but this is beyond all expectation. The count through the chakras and the meaning and depth of each of the levels is beautifully expressed and ornately written. Holy crap....that was work...not reading it, but writing it. At the same time I know it had to have been a fun process or it would never have turned out as good as it did. Big props from this fan....

Ella said...

Thank you ;D It was not easy and no we took longer than a week, but we were crunched for a week, to finish~ We both had life challenges get in our way~ We needed spiritual guidance to finish! Thank you everyone :D

YOU all are sweet~