Definition

One must make a distinction however: when dragged into prominence by half poets, the result is not poetry, nor till the autocrats among us can be “literalists of the imagination”—above insolence and triviality and can present for inspection, imaginary gardens with real toads in them, shall we have it.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

The Tuesday Platform

"I had a lover's quarrel with the world."
- The epitaph on Robert Frost's grave.





Welcome to The Imaginary Garden's Tuesday Platform. I hope you will find the time to listen to one of the most influential poets of the 20th Century read several of his poems. I am always struck by Frost's ability to tie the natural world to human experience and to hear his gentle readings is a great privilege.

Please join us today in sharing a poem of your choice on this Open Link. Your support and encouragement is always greatly appreciated.


11 comments:

Marian said...

Good morning, Toads! Hello! Hello!

brudberg said...

Hi there.. a little surrealism from my side today.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Hello everyone,

Hope you're all having a wonderful week so far, sharing my poem "Memories" hope you all like it :D

Lots of love,
Sanaa

Susan said...

Thinking about fathers ...

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Happy Tuesday, Toadlings. I am a little wild and wolfish this morning.......

Timoteo said...

Good to see ya, Toads!

Kim Nelson said...

Hello All!

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Lovely to hear the Frost recital!

Susie Clevenger said...

Yes, I love hearing Frost read his work. Happy to be here.

save one said...

'Thats a good' article, i usually amazed with' this thing, i asked myself about this opinion, I wish You'll a better articles that can make another people impressive..don't make the article feel rigit and isn't interesting and poor, i like to read this' article and i think this is "good".thank you' m'y brother.

Outlawyer said...

Hey Kerry, Hi! I am thinking of you in something like winter! I cannot respond to comments easily for several hours as my internet service is very poor. Hope all well. k