Saturday, March 23, 2013

Sunday Mini-Challenge ~ Release Your Inner Wild Woman

"Inspire Wings"
copyright ~ Ella of Ella's Edge

Within every woman
there is a wild and natural creature,
a powerful force,
filled with good instincts,
passionate creativity,
and ageless knowing.
-Clarissa Pinkola Estes

Kids, today, for our Sunday mini-challenge, I’d like to ask you to release your inner wild woman, in whatever way you view that essential Womyn who lives at the center of your being. You know her. You have heard her voice, her quiet wisdom, as she tried to guide you away from danger and onto the path of your personal journey, the journey that is yours alone to make, whether or not you walk it accompanied.


"Inspire Angela"
copyright ~ Ella of Ella's Edge

Show us her wild abandon, her cackling laughter, her primal dance to the beat of the drum. Whisper her True Knowing,  that you have to be still and quiet to hear. Tell us how you ran from her when young, with what relief you returned to her as you aged. What makes your inner wild woman sing? What makes her weep?

As inspiration, Ella of Ella's Edge has provided us with three BEAUTIFUL pictures, of her own artistic design. They literally take my breath away.


"Inspire Howl Wing"
copyright ~ Ella of Ella's Edge

For more ideas, check out THE Wild Woman: Clarissa Pinkola Estes, who wrote Women Who Run With the Wolves. Here is some further inspiration: Estes quotes about creativity against beautiful scenic backgrounds, with music.

                            
                            
     

Browse Starhawk’s blog or writings, inviting us to dance joyously on the earth, to be one with the Earth Mother. Or visit SARK’s "transformational playground", and hear her exhortations to “live juicily”.

Some of us might be quieter (or tired-er) Wild Women, who tend to sit on our porches, rocking and smiling benignly, remembering our younger days, of bursting out of cages into freedom. But whether you are unfettered or tamed, somewhere within you I know you hear Wild Woman’s call – to freedom, to joyousness,  to being who you are meant to be, to true primal Womynhood. Tell us how she speaks to you, how you respond, if you wish to. Or, if this is too Out There for you, tell us about a wild woman or crone that you know.  We all know them, those old wrinkled creatures who contain a hundred years of history and wisdom behind their wise, smiling, ancient eyes.

Most of all, be free, be heard, and have fun! That’s what Wild Women do best!

27 comments:

Susan said...

Wow, Kerry! I'll be back with my roar.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Not Kerry, but Sherry in the house today!
Thanks for the invitation to explore our own wild women, Sherry. I have long admired your poems to this theme.

Scarlet said...

Thank you for the challenge Sherry ~

I too will be back with a wild scream ~

Happy weekend ~

Kay L. Davies said...

Sherry, I fully expected to see your name here, but was confused by Ella's photos (I'm easily confused). But of course no one but you would post a wild woman challenge. This is wonderful. I am hoping to be able to respond as the prompt deserves.
Love, K

hedgewitch said...

This is a very 'juicy' challenge, Sherry. I have written a few crone poems in my day--I will have to go broody on this--love Ella's pics, also.

Jenn Jilks said...

I like being inspired by my creative friends. It's been a tough week!

Anunoy Samanta said...

the theme was so appealing to me that I couldn't pen some lines... hope you won't mind these words coming from a man :)

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Yippee! I am happy! And I so look forward to reading everyone's howls:) I was worried it might be too out there. But, in my humble opinion, out there is the very best place to be. Cackle.

Arent Ella's images stunning? They wow me.

Jenn, I see from your post it has been a tough week for sure. Bless you for the gift you are giving that soul making its passing by being there.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Oh my goodness, Anunoy, poems about wild women are MOST ESPECIALLY WELCOME, coming from a man. I love it when men pay homage to the feminine nature.And from your poem I can see you understand and honor it well. Thank you so much for taking part. I am thrilled that you did.

Anunoy Samanta said...

and it was my pleasure Sherry... honestly...
I'm also thrilled to have made you glad with my lines :)

Susan said...

Ah Sherry, I wouldn't be the aging me if I didn't forget who challenged what and sing out of key. But I am posting what I have while waiting for the individual pieces to come alive. Love you, my dear. Keep roaring.

Helen said...

This one's a snap ... have quite a few decades of wild living to share.

Kay L. Davies said...

I forgot to say how wonderful Ella's pictures are. Just fabulous!
K

Ella said...

I'm howling over here in my cave and hope to contribute soon~ I so want to run free ;D

hedgewitch said...

I'm afraid I rather muddied the challenge waters by being a wild Crone--and at great length, too. Thanks Sherry, for allowing me to howl tonight. I'll be around in the morning to read.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Sigh. This is a most satisfying Saturday. I so wish we could all gather together in one room - can you IMAGINE? we might topple the planet off its axis with our cackling. Thank you, my friends, for your most wonderful, rich, inspiring and intriguing offerings.

I'll be around tomorrow too, to keep watching and reading......I have a four year old here this weekend who is being very patient, in between playing and going out on adventures, at my tapping on the keys. Which may mean an early bedtime for both of us tonight!

Keep howling!

Ella said...

Thank you Sherry! :D
I can't wait to read all these offerings! Yeah, were is the bon fire and the wine?! lol

Thank you!

Marian said...

Love it, Sherry and Ella. Rawr! I'll be back.

Gemma Wiseman said...

I haven't visited for a while! A few crumbles and webs in life, and I have simply been posting routines rather than spending time on more creative elastics! Hope my offering fits the wild woman! It is different!

Kerry O'Connor said...

I love all the pictures people have chosen to accompany their poems. Gorgeous images of women.

Unknown said...

It is tremendously cold where I am. I feel like being thoroughly modern and high tech and hiding under a blanket with a space heater blasting.

Ella said...

Thank you Sherry...You made me happy with this challenge! I ran towards the world I love best ;D

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love all the images of women too.......this is all powerful stuff, from the intuitive inner voice of Woman. I am thrilled, and thank you all for your contributions!!!!!

Hannah said...

Oh, it's so nice to be in the garden...wonderful challenge and I so look forward to reading everyone's poems.

TCPC said...

quite a challenge! :)

Margaret said...

Sherry. I was unable to participate and I am SO sorry. I've bookmarked this prompt as I really do hope to revisit this and post it on a future Open Monday LInk. I DO appreciate your creativity and effort. The photos take my breath away. Maybe next Monday :)

Other Mary said...

What a great prompt! I've read the book ages ago, and now think I should go back and lok at it again. And I accidentally linked the wrong thing. Sorry about that. Anyway, great topic and I can't wait to read what everyone comes up with!