Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Tuesday Platform

The Minack Theatre
This stage is carved out of the granite cliffs
of Porthcurno, Cornwall


“It's about that applause I want to speak to you. I want you to remember that when you've done a little dance or a song or sketch, the applause which you get is not only because you yourself have done your best, but because each of those men is seeing in you someone he loves at home, and because of you is able to forget for a little while ...” ― Noel Streatfeild, Theater Shoes

Welcome once again, dear friends, to The Tuesday Platform in the Imaginary Garden. Here is your opportunity to present your work in a supportive and artistic environment, and to become a member of the audience yourself, as you read the work of fellow poets. Our stage is a rare and precious thing.



15 comments:

hedgewitch said...

That is indeed the soul of art Kerry--to present something personal that is also universal. Thanks for hosting.

Marian said...

Good morning, friends!

brudberg said...

Hi there.. I had to link up something :-) I'll be back reading

Kerridwen said...

Trying to write more poetry this year!

LV said...

What an neat place. Never saw a theater that close to water.

Jennifer Wagner said...

I was pretty late linking to Sunday's challenge so I thought I'd pop in here, too. Happy Tuesday, all.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kerry--thanks for all you do! k.

Ella said...

Hello Kerry! I struggled with this one, but pushed through it~ Off to read the mini challenge poetry and then the stage offerings! I hope the sun is out in your world-it looks like night-in mine.

Outlawyer said...

Hey Kerry--I just wanted to say there is something quite moving about that quote--I'm guessing written about wartime--or maybe men at the mines--anyway, thanks. k.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Hello friends, We are in the throes of a heatwave which has sucked the life out of me. Hopefully Wednesday will not be another 40C so that I can catch up on my reading!

Margaret said...

What a wonderful quote! Thanks, I posted another "bird" poem…

Carrie Van Horn said...

Sorry Toads...I know I am late, but was off yesterday and away from internet. :-)

Jazzbumpa said...

missed yesterday
but i'm here today
blowing my own horn

cheers
jzb

Marian said...

Hi Kerry, been thinking about you this week enduring your heat wave. Quite the opposite here. Hope you are getting some respite.

GreenComotion said...

What a lovely place!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
Have a Beautiful Day!
Peace :)