Tuesday, September 15, 2015

The Tuesday Platform

Photo by Marian Kent
I will be the gladdest thing  
   Under the sun!  
I will touch a hundred flowers  
   And not pick one.  
 
I will look at cliffs and clouds
   With quiet eyes,  
Watch the wind bow down the grass,  
   And the grass rise.  
 
And when lights begin to show  
   Up from the town,
I will mark which must be mine,  
   And then start down!

Afternoon on a Hill by Edna St. Vincent Millay

Good Tuesday morning, poets and poetry lovers. Please link up and share a poem with us, and visit to read the writing of others. The Tuesday Platform is the bedrock of our garden, and we are pleased to see you here!

Have a great week, everyone. Hope you all have the chance to slow down and reflect in a busy time.


10 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

The thought of "touch[ing] a hundred flowers/And not pick[ing] one" is sending me to bed with a huge smile on my face. Thank you, Marian! And may your week be lovely, too. ♥

brudberg said...

Hi there.. linking up a little fun piece I wrote the other day.. mainly playing with rhyme. Love to touch a hundred flowers.. I will be back later to read and comment.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Hey everyone,

Hope you're having a great week so far, sharing my poem "Conscience" hope you guys like it :D

Thank you Marian for this lovely opportunity :D

Lots of love,
Sanaa

hedgewitch said...

Nothing better than a little St Vincent Millay to start the day, Marian. I will be back after chores to read and visit.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Thank you for sharing the wonderful poem and photo, Marian.

Hello to all in the garden!

Mari said...

The poem and the picture are both soothing. Beautiful post!

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

Thank you for opening the platform today. This is my last free Tuesday for a while. I go back to teaching next week

Gillena Cox said...

flowers to delight the garden today, im bringing more

much love...

Kerry O'Connor said...

Late to the party, again... Sharing a few sound bites.

Outlawyer said...

Hey Marian--I too am late to the party, but glad to be here. k.