Tuesday, November 21, 2017

The Tuesday Platform




Greetings to all poets, wayfarers and friends. I came across this wonderful reading of 'Ode to Broken Things' by Pablo Neruda and couldn't resist sharing it with you guys. Sigh.. living near the equator is a different experience altogether as the weather here is hot and humid; apart from the average rainfall which is two hundred and fifty centimeters in a year. I often long for winter as the days go by, and find myself missing the tingling sensation of cold weather, warmth of coffee and woolen socks.

On a lighter note, it's Thanksgiving on Thursday! Wishing you all a blessed day, full of joy and light! I am thankful this year, for the company of good friends, and to be part of this incredibly creative and gracious blogosphere. 

If you have any thoughts to share, ideas you wish to release into the wild or a world view to express, then you have come to the right place. Please share a poem of your choice and enjoy the company of your fellow scribes. We look forward to reading you and hope you have a wonderful day.

Share * Read * Comment * Enjoy


15 comments:

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Sharing an old poem.. which happens to be my favorite!๐Ÿ’ž Happy Tuesday, everyone!๐Ÿ’ž

Gillena Cox said...

A smiling Tuesday everyone


(✿◠‿◠)

much love...

Timoteo said...

Love and blessings, Toads.

Vivian Zems said...

Ribbit , toads!
Looking forward to reading all your work. Have a great week :)

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Gillena; A smiling Tuesday to you, too!๐Ÿ’ž

@Timoteo; Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ Good to see you!๐Ÿ’ž

@Vivian; Looking forward to reading you!๐Ÿ’ž

Kerry O'Connor said...

Greetings to all the beautiful people.. just passing through. I am completely snowed under at work as the school year winds up in the blistering heat of African summer.

Take care.

:-)

Magaly Guerrero said...

Sanaa, thanks for hosting and for sharing another yummy reading.

Happiest Tuesday, everyone.

tonispencer said...

This is one of my favorite of Neruda! Happy Tuesday to the Toads! A new poem from me. And it really isn't solemn despite the name.

Marian said...

Hello, wonderful friends. I too adore that Neruda poem and thank you for sharing it, Sanaa. :)
This month is so crazy for me! I feel quite invigorated by my challenge to write a poem each day, and am inspired by my kids who are drawing every day. I have been slow to visit all of you each day but never fear, I am here and will be around. Feel free to stop by the runaway sentence for some craziness, poetry and a few drawings, too.
Hope you all are well! I am thankful for each and every one of you and for this community! xoxoxoxo Marian

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Kerry; It's good to see you๐Ÿ’ž sending lots of love!๐Ÿ’ž

@Magaly; Thanks gorgeous๐Ÿ’ž Glad you enjoyed the reading!๐Ÿ’ž

@Toni; Happy Tuesday!๐Ÿ’ž Heading over to read you now!๐Ÿ’ž

@Marian; Awww!๐Ÿ’ž Really grateful to have you too, girl!๐Ÿ’ž

Susie Clevenger said...

Happy Tuesday!!

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Happy Tuesday everyone and thanks Sanaa for hosting.
Anna :o]

Frank J. Tassone said...

Happy Tuesday, all! Thanks, Sanaa, for hosting! I've shared a multi "stanza" haibun about Thanksgiving 2012.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Susie; Happy Tuesday!๐Ÿ’ž

@Anna; Good to see you!๐Ÿ’ž

@Frank; Thanks Frank!๐Ÿ’ž

Jazzbumpa said...

Tired and out of creativity, but I found an old one to share.

Happy Thanksgiving, wherever you are.

namaste
JzB