Saturday, February 24, 2018

Fashion me your words to fold ~ RAINBOWS

And; while you are at it, here's Bob to serenade you.



So far, for the Year 2018, i have watched in awe [as if it were my very first viewing] SIX rainbow. I luv rainbows [and clouds][and February - my birth month]


My favourite fact about rainbows from 17 wonderfully curious facts about rainbows
IS:
a rainbow doesn’t even actually “exist,” … it’s not an object, it’s an optical phenomenon.


Your challenge today toads, is to Let your words FOLD INTO AS MANY COLOURS AS YOU WISH TO ASCRIBE TO YOUR RAINBOW.


Constraints! Constraints! The Fold [guidelines]

1. 11 lines
2. The end phrase of Line one repeats at Lines 5 and 11
3. The rhyme of line 1 continues through in every other line
4. There must be a reference to nature and how it affect you the poet
5. More in depth instructions HERE
6. Fold origin HERE


I'll give you a bonus IF you fashion me also a paper one and share with your post


LETS HAVE FUN TOADS!!!

AND
Here's you linky: Post; and read the poems of everyone else posted.


11 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Listening to Bob Marley always makes me cry.. never got over that untimely demise.

Kerry O'Connor said...

I see this is your own original form, Gillena. Thanks for sharing.

Jim said...

Sounds like a fun writing prompt, Gillena. Today us our 45th wedoing anniversary so I might not find time to write. We plan to eat this afternoon and see a stage show, Memphis, this evening.
..

Kim M. Russell said...

This is a real challenge, Gillena, like word origami! After a while agonising over the cintent, I'm posting my poem anyway!

Vivian Zems said...

Hi Gillena! I like how your mind works😊. This was challenging but a lot of fun to do. I just hope I got it right.
Have a great weekend, Toads!

Anita Sabat said...

Such an interesting challenge!
Have a great week :)

Anonymous said...

What an interesting form - colourful yes - and I'm thinking we all could use some bright and cheer in our worlds .... chasing rainbows, perhaps - some would say naive, but we all need to nurture some wishes and dreams - to rally ourselves for the moments when we need to (stand-up) and cry .... so yes, why not? why not? I ...

okay, don't know where that came from ... but I'll sit with this one for a bit and see what colours may come :)

thanks for hosting Gillena

brudberg said...

It seems like I added a constraint by having another set of rhymes... well I'm not going to remove that one.

purplepeninportland.com said...

An intriguing form! Thank you for putting this challenge together, and for introducing The Fold.

Margaret said...

"Poetic Rules" are so hard for me to follow ... but so good for me. Thank you!

Gillena Cox said...

Thank you all for your excellent Fold poems

Much💖love