Thursday, May 10, 2018

Job Title

I work at an adorably quirky company. A little bit ago, the employees were asked to create their own job titles. We could be as whimsical as we wanted, as long as there was still some idea of our actual tasks implied in the title. After several weeks we had a troop of ninjas, a squad of defenders, and cubicles filled with gurus. I wanted to go with Dark Mistress of the Flow Charts, but eventually I joined some of the ninjas in the marketing department.



So today at the Toads I'm asking you to come up with dream job titles. Be creative and whimsical too, but also tell us a little about the job. What that does the title allows you to take ownership of? How is it fulfilling? Is it a step towards other, bigger things? As always, your piece should be a new poem created for this prompt. Any format is fine. Be sure to hop around the pond and see what the other Toads have come up with and start some conversations.

12 comments:

Kim M. Russell said...

Hi Rommy! I was planning on making up a dream job but realised I already do it on a voluntary basis. I wrote my poetic job description as a nursery rhyme to match the job.

Rommy said...

@Kim - Aw! That's terrific you have that in your life.

Kerry O'Connor said...

I just got home from work and my head aches... I don't think my initial response to this prompt would be fit for publication..

Haha! Can't wait to see what everyone will come up with.

Vivian Zems said...

Hi Rommy! You got my imagination going....then it just bounded away!

revelations said...

great prompt Rommy

Fireblossom said...

How about Retired Drain On Society? ;-)

Of course I'll come up with something better than that. :-)

Gillena Cox said...

Invitation to fun writes. Will be back with something humourous😁

Anonymous said...

What a great prompt - although not as easy as it would seem - LOL - but tons of fun. Thanks for the poke of inspiration.

Priscilla King said...

"Water Watcher" was a good one. Maybe I'll make the time to write something about a "title" I've already mentioned in prose blog posts: Hereditary Guardian of the Spring.

Frank J. Tassone said...

Evening, Toads! Thanks, Rommy! :)

annell4 said...

Oh....it was a difficult prompt!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Jo, I loved your poem, but am not sure if my comment got through. I tried re-sending it, but had trouble with that too. Bless you for the work you do!!!!!