Thursday, May 31, 2018

Water Under The Bridge ~

It is life, I think, to watch the water. A man can learn so many things. - Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook.


I have always been intrigued by the depth of the ocean and found that water teaches us the realities of life. The rush and rage of the waves is similar to the emotions and struggles which we face when we choose to step out into this world.


Water Under The Bridge

 If you're gonna let me down, let me down gently
Don't pretend that you don't want me
Our love ain't water under the bridge
If you're gonna let me down, let me down gently
Don't pretend that you don't want me
Our love ain't water under the bridge
Say that our love ain't water under the bridge (full song here)


All water has a perfect memory and is forever trying to get back to where it was. - Toni Morrison


I pray to be like the ocean, with soft currents, maybe waves at times. More and more, I want the consistency rather than the highs and the lows. - Drew Barrymore


We're imprisoned in the realm of life, like a sailor on his tiny boat, on an infinite ocean. - Anna Freud
(all images above have been borrowed from Unsplash)

So, our challenge today is to write about water. You can draw inspiration from the music video by Adele and the quotes which I have shared above. I look forward to reading what you guys come up with. Please do visit others and remember to comment on their poems. Have fun!

13 comments:

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for hosting us today Sanaa


Much♥️love

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Gillena; Thank you for joining in 💞 heading over to read you ☕

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Always a good topic, Sanaa. I like the quotes!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Sherry; Thank you!💞 Happy Thursday!☕

Margaret said...

I think I'm back for a while. I was busy moving my daughter from NC to NYC (Montclair NJ actually) but also visited my son who lives in NYC. Also graduation of my fourth child form High School.. Times are a changing :)

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Margaret; It's good to have you back 💞 heading over to read you ☕

Frank J. Tassone said...

Afternoon, Toads! Thanks, Sanaa, for this prompt. I revisited a haibun I linked to dVerse, recalling the white waters of the Animus River in Colorado!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Frank; Hi!💞 Heading over to read you ☕

Linda Lee Lyberg said...

Sanaa- thank you for the great prompt- Happy Thursday!

tonispencer said...

Thank you for this wonderful prompt!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Linda; Happy Thursday!💞 Thank you so much for joining us ☕

@Toni; Loved your poem!💞☕

Kerry O'Connor said...

This is a fabulous prompt, Sanaa. I am still having trouble with the Linky oading on my page. It comes and goes, I'm afraid.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Kerry; Thank you I am so glad you liked it! 💞 Hope mr.linky shows up and you're able to join in ☕