Tuesday, September 25, 2018

The Tuesday Platform

Life is so unpredictable. We are here one minute and the next thing you know we are packing our bags and moving to another place. Greetings poets, wayfarers and friends, it's a beautiful day here and I am really excited to be travelling back to my home country. Below are a few pictures which I thought would be fun to share with you all.
Frere Hall, Saddar Karachi
Mohatta Palace Museum, Clifton Karachi

Bagh Ibne Qasim Park, Clifton Karachi


Somiani Beach


And if you think the scenery is good wait until you try the food! Local delicacies such as briyani, chicken korma, haleem, nihari, and kheer are just a few that come to mind.

I must confess there are a million thoughts running through my mind, I am reminded of 2014 when I left home and moved to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, due to unsafe city conditions, little did I know that in a few months I would be stepping into the world of Poetry and would be writing my first poem.

Fast forward time and two years later I entered into the vibrant city of Kuala Lumpur, as I recall a dear friend and fellow poet said; "From desert to tropics" smiles. It was here that I continued my poetic journey and it was here that I evolved, and it is from here that I head back and take you guys along with me. I am so happy!

If you have any thoughts to share, ideas you wish to release into the wild or a world view to express then you have come to the right place. Please share a poem of your choice and enjoy the company of your fellow scribes. We look forward to reading you and hope you have a wonderful day! ❤️

SHARE * READ * COMMENT * ENJOY

20 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Thank you for sharing these lovely views, Sanaa.
I have a 55 word poem to share today.

annell4 said...

Your pics are beautiful!!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Thank you so much, Kerry😊 heading over to read you. Happy Tuesday!💞☕

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Thank you so much Annell!😊 Happy Tuesday💞☕

Vicki said...

Beautiful pictures, I've only lived out of the U.S. once in my life for almost a year, and I found it to be a culture shock, but the beauty of the people and the countryside made it a great experience.
Saying hello to Okpo, South Korea!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Thank you so much, Vicki 😊 heading over to read you💞☕

brudberg said...

Oh you certainly moves around... I hope it's safer now than when you left.

Jim said...

Thank you for sharing this, Sanaa. I'm short on time this week, doing my 2017 income taxes, making an October calendar for a group of ours, and am thinking to get our previous house sold within a month (we have a buyer). I dug through old post from a Museum Word Search with not many visitors and ended up with this one. It's not real good but only Kerry, Bjorn, and Rosemary will have read it.
I'm sort of like you, I have lived in sooo many places that I couldn't list them all for a security clearance check. But when I'm married I fairly well stay put, eight places for the first marriage, now five for this one.
..

Kim M. Russell said...

The photographs are wonderful, Sanaa! I have lived in two other countries but I've been back in the UK a long time now, thirty six years, twenty six years in North Norfolk, a wonderful part of the UK.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

It’s definitely better than before, Bjorn 😊 now with Imran Khan as our new PM 💞☕️

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Thank you so much, Jim 😊 heading over to read you 💞☕️

Sanaa Rizvi said...

That’s lovely Kim 😊 I hope to visit you in North Norfolk one day!💞☕️

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Karachi looks lovely in your photos. Enjoy your return!

I am sharing a poem for my friend who died recently, as a way of helping myself put her to rest. (It can be hard to let go.)

Carrie Van Horn said...

Been one of those days....but I made it by the seat of my pants. LOL I may not be able to get around to everyone till Thursday, but I will do my best.

Frank J. Tassone said...

Evening, Toads! Thanks, Sanaa, for your beautiful reflection, and for hosting! Happy pond sitting, all! :)

Sanaa Rizvi said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Rosemary 😥 please accept my deepest condolences.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Thanks for joining in, Carrie 😊 heading over to read you💞☕

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Thank you so much, Frank 😊 so good to see you! Happy Tuesday💞☕

Sherry Blue Sky said...

How lovely, that you have seen so many wonderful places and now are going home! The photos are wonderful. So much history in the buildings and the landscape.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Thank you so much, Sherry 😊 it feels really good to be home!💞☕️