Tuesday, September 18, 2018

The Tuesday Platform

bukowski
Charles Bukowski
the flesh covers the bone 
and they put a mind in there 
and sometimes a soul, 
and the women break vases 
against the walls 
and the men drink too much 
and nobody finds the one 
but keep looking crawling in and out of beds. 
flesh covers the bone 
and the flesh searches for more than flesh.
there's no chance at all: 
we are all trapped by a singular fate.
nobody ever finds the one.
the city dumps fill 
the junkyards fill 
the madhouses fill 
the hospitals fill 
the graveyards fill

nothing else fills

By Charles Bukowski


Greetings to all poets and friends and visitors….from a ‘still-clutching-to-summer'-London, UK!
As one of my favourite Tv shows  proclaims, “Winter is coming!”… and yes, there’s a definite crisp chill in the night air - so all the more reason to warm up with lots and lots of poetry.
This is we where we eagerly wait to discern your dreams, visions and pearls …as you cast them forward. Feel free to share your poem and please, don’t forget to read what your fellow poets have been up to.

17 comments:

Vivian Zems said...

Greetings to you all! I look forward to reading your offerings- so will be popping in periodically. Happy Tuesday folks!

Magaly Guerrero said...

I wrote today's bit before I read the first line of your introductory poem. The similarities between the word choices made me smile...

Thank you for hosting, Vivian.

Have a wonderful Tuesday, everyone!

Kerry O'Connor said...

Thanks for hosting today, Viv. I have my Flash 55 from last week to share.
I hope everyone is having a great week.

Vivian Zems said...

@Magaly- glad to have you on board. I've just had a read of yours....*clapping*. Have a great day!

Vivian Zems said...

@Kerry- I'm chuffed to be hosting (smiles). I read your 55...and you've set the bar really high there. I'll pop on into your comments later tonight. Have a lovely Tuesday!

Marian said...

Love this poem. Thank you, Vivian :)

tonispencer said...

Thank you for posting dear Vivian. Happy New week to all the Toads!

Kim M. Russell said...

Happy Tuesday and thanks for hosting, Viv! I took the opportunity of posting before I go to a school governors' meeting this evening but I will be back to read later.

Vivian Zems said...

Glad to see all here...I can't wait to read all these offerings!

Carrie Van Horn said...

So glad to have made it here this week. Thank you for hosting Vivian!!

brudberg said...

Hello all sharing something from the circus.

Vivian Zems said...

Good to see you Carrie!

Vivian Zems said...

Ok.... can’t wait! I’ve already read one circus one... so I’m eager!

Vivian Zems said...

It was getting a little creepy -the number of clown poems coming up!!. I now understand why that is 😅🤡

Frank J. Tassone said...

Evening, Toads! Thanks, Vivian, for hosting! Happy Tuesday, all! :)

Susie Clevenger said...

A little late, but I'm here.

Vivian Zems said...

It's never too late, Susie! A brilliant piece you've' written, I must say.