Saturday, February 16, 2019

Weekend Mini-Challenge: Strange News


Greetings, dear Toads. I hope you are having a fantastic weekend. If not, then I wish you a poetry writing/reading experience that brings pure yumminess to your day.

For today’s prompt, I invite you to be inspired by the following questions, out of the Strange News section of Live Science:

1. What if the moon disappeared tomorrow?
2. Can humans smell beauty?
3. Do trees sleep at night?

Please, write a new poem using one, two, or all three of the questions as your springboard.


Add the direct link to your poem to Mr. Linky. Visit other Toads. Have a lot of fun. Curious about the articles? Read them here: 1, 2, 3.


15 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

Let's poetry, my dear Toads!

brudberg said...

Good evening... a bit quiet in the pond tonight... I decided to go for number 2.

Jim said...

Fun prompt, Magaly. I used your first but for a takeoff but didn't mention the moon. Mars was my destinationdestination.
..

Magaly Guerrero said...

@Bjorn, I should've order better drinks.

@Jim, Muses work in mysterious ways.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

I LOVED the prompt!❤️ I don't think I can ever write enough poems on the moon my dearest Magaly. This one is for you! Happy Weekend!❤️

tonispencer said...

Thank you for this prompt Magaly! Read mine and maybe be surprised at what I chose.

Magaly Guerrero said...

@Sanaa, I am so glad you loved the prompt. Thank you for the moon.

@Toni, I was sooo surprised... NOT. 😁

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I LOVE this prompt!

Magaly Guerrero said...

@Sherry, The moon and trees and such made me suspect that you might. And I admit that some of your poetic motifs where in my thoughts while I wrote my contribution to the prompt. ☺️

Kim M. Russell said...

Good morning, Toads! Thank you for this versatile, inspirational prompt, Magaly, one I'm sure I'll come back to again. I took the questions about trees as my main inspiration but the moon and smell of beauty crept in too!

Anmol (HA) said...

Such an inspiring prompt — I played with the idea of a disappearing moon and wrote a short 55-word verse.
Thanks for the prompt and for hosting, Magaly! 💜

Susie Clevenger said...

I just took poetic licence and morphed all the suggestions into my weird.

Outlawyer said...

Lovely prompt, Magaly. k.

Marian said...

I wrote! Shocking, I know. This prompt is great, Magaly.
It's a bit late on Sunday but I'll be around to read everyone in the next day or two. xoxoxxoo always, friends!

Magaly Guerrero said...

@Kim, Thank you. I'm so happy you are thinking about coming back to this prompt.

@Anmol, Can't wait to read it!

@Your weird is always fantastic.

@Outlawyer, Glad you think so.

@Mrian, Late? Never. We are here to stay. 😁