Thursday, March 21, 2019

Artistic Interpretations with Margaret - Vintage Treasures - Paintings


Welcome to Artistic Interpretations.   I have recently enjoyed strolling through antique stores.  I enjoy the process, shifting piles, going through postcards, wondering about the history of certain items.  Quilts, Dishes, Paintings, Desks, Decorative items, books... I could wander through some of the stores for hours.  My husband went with me once - said he could have blown through the place in 30 minutes.  We didn't leave for another 2 hours.

I offer you various paintings that attracted my attention.  Interpret the images any way you please.  I have a few more Alcohol Inks to share with you (that was the last challenge) but I will save them for another time.

You may select as many images as you wish, however, please pair each with an original poem.   Link up with Mr. Linky below and then visit the other poets and leave a comment if you can.  We all love the Garden for the awesome opportunity to share with others who enjoy poetry.  I look forward to your Artistic Interpretations!


















8 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Hi Margaret. Thank you for sharing these wonderful mood pieces. i do enjoy interpreting art through poetry.

Kim M. Russell said...

Thanks for the inspiration, Margaret, I love writing ekphrastic poems!

Helen said...

I never tire of wandering through antique stores, links to my past. I am fulfilled. Thank you.

Jim said...

I love them all. If my retired busy life would grant easing up a bit I'd try writing a tribute to that all. My favorites are the first, I've been seeing and admiring since before I can remember, then the beautiful horse followed by those innocent birds. And to you, Margaret, thank you so very much, I know you will never stop loving picture art so that we can attempt to honor your choices with word art.
BTW, I'm thinking the first has a noted artist's signature unless it's a knockoff. My smart phone here doesn't show details very well
..

brudberg said...

I had to go dark with this one... played a bit with repetition and simple rhymes.

Susie Clevenger said...

What beautiful art Margaret...Thank you so much for the inspiration.

Priscilla King said...

What pretty pictures! Thank you for sharing.

Margaret said...

Thank you all for playing along today!