Tuesday, May 14, 2019

The Tuesday Platform: Going Buggy

Hey there, poets and poetry lovers! We've had several chilly May days in Bucks County, but that hasn't stopped the flowers from blooming. We hit peak cherry blossom season a couple of weeks ago. Those have since fallen and given way to bleeding hearts and azalea buds. Of course, with the increase in plant life comes an increase in insect life. The bees and butterflies are doing their pollinating thing. Unfortunately, so are the ants. I'm currently waging war against a stubborn colony, intent on claiming one of my beloved orchids. So, I'm going a bit buggy in the brain.


If you need a direction, feel free to take some poetic inspiration from a bug or two. But as always, the Tuesday Platform is open to all kinds of poems, new or old. Just claim your spot on Mr. Linky below, and don't forget to show your fellow Toads a little love.


7 comments:

brudberg said...

Joining with another poem on apart... just got a bit carried away.

Rommy said...

It's a good theme. I don't blame you for wanting to explore it further.

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

Hi Bjorn, I left you a comment on your very clever poem. I don't know if it's in the moderation queue or if it got devoured by an aggressive Spam filter.

Rommy said...

UGH! Those spam filters get me too sometimes. Thanks for submitting a piece and visiting Cie!

Magaly Guerrero said...

Rommy, I've linked up some of the garden poetry bits I've shared on Instagram. I was kind of (all right really) pleased to find out that I could just put one after the other, and they look like they were born at the same time.

Also, your "going buggy" theme has put me in mind of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, lol!

Happy readings, everyone!

Marian said...

Going buggy.... the movie "Them" maybe? I don't know.

Rommy said...

@Magaly I'm always delighted to see the arrangements you create from your poetry bits.

@Marian. Ha! I hadn't thought about that movie in years