Tuesday, October 17, 2017

The Tuesday Platform

Hello poets and poetry lovers. I am slowly getting into the Halloween mood now that the weather in the Northeast USA has taken on a decided crispness. In that spirit, I'd like to share one of my favorite ghost stories in musical form.

  The Highwayman sang by Loreena McKennit, original poem/ lyrics by Alfred Noyes

You all know the drill. Share a piece of poetry as the spirit moves you, new or an old favorite. Take a little time to hop around the pond and see how the poetic spirit moves through the rest of our denizens. If you like something, don't keep it to yourself. Conversation and constructive feedback in the comments section is always welcome.


7 comments:

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Loved listening to "The Highwayman"..Rommy!💕 Sharing a Villanelle this week. Happy Tuesday, everyone!💕

Vivian Zems said...

Happy Tuesday everyone. Today I've shared a haiku that's open to interpretation.

tonispencer said...

Hi Happy Tuesday! I have submitted a poem about autumn. You all will note that my name has been changed to ToniKanzen so those who never comment on my poems will know that Toni Spencer is me, when posted on Blogger.

brudberg said...

I have added a little ditty on demons for the late October... lots at stake.

Susie Clevenger said...

Happy Tuesday! It has been a day of sinus surgery for my husband, and sorting through thoughts. Hope everyone has a great week!

Frank J. Tassone said...

My inspiration tonight is the transformation of pumpkin to Jack O'Lantern. Hope you enjoy this tanka!

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Oh how I love The Highwayman! I was brought up on it, and much as I usually enjoy hearing Loreena McKennit, I wished for my Dad's voice declaiming it instead.

My poem refers to a different story, with some similarity of theme.