Tuesday, January 1, 2019

The Tuesday Platform



Since Thou Hast Given Me This Good Hope, O God

Since thou hast given me this good hope, O God,
That while my footsteps tread the flowery sod
And the great woods embower me, and white dawn
And purple even sweetly lead me on
From day to day, and night to night, O God,
My life shall no wise miss the light of love;
But ever climbing, climb above
Man's one poor star, man's supine lands,
Into the azure steadfastness of death,
My life shall no wise lack the light of love,
My hands not lack the loving touch of hands;
But day by day, while yet I draw my breath,
And day by day, unto my last of years,
I shall be one that has a perfect friend.
Her heart shall taste my laughter and my tears,
And her kind eyes shall lead me to the end.
- Robert Louis Stevenson 


The sky is a palette of gutsy purple, solitary moments and new beginnings. On days like this I feel its energy the same way I would of the ones I love, infuse my soul and raise me higher. Once again I battle the wind and find myself in joyful anticipation of what the new year has yet to bring.

If you have any thoughts to share, ideas you wish to release into the wild or a world view to express, then you have come to the right place. Please share a poem of your choice and enjoy the company of your fellow scribes. We look forward to reading you and hope you have a wonderful day ahead.


SHARE * READ * COMMENT * ENJOY

20 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Thank you so much for hosting on New year's day, Sanaa. And for the gracious way in which you hosted in 2018. I am looking forward to many more Tuesdays filled with the brilliant work of online poets.

Jim said...

I like this poem, it ends real mushy.
Yes, Sanaa, thank you for hosting and HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!
..

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Kerry; My Pleasure 😊 wishing you a very happy new year 2019!💞☕

@Jim; Thank you so much, so glad you liked it 😊 Happy new year to you too!💞☕

Anmol (HA) said...

Thank you for hosting and for sharing a beautiful poem, Sanaa. :-)
My best wishes to everyone for the new year!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Anmol; Wishing you a very happy new year 😊 heading over to read you!💞☕

Linda Lee Lyberg said...

Hello everyone- Happy 2019! Sanaa- thank you for hosting and sharing this lovely poem.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Linda; Happy New Year 2019 😊 heading over to read you!💞☕

WildChild47 said...

thanks for hosting today Sanaa - and wishing you all the very best for the new year ~ may you continue to dream with the winds and be carried along with their songs :)

Happy New Year to one and all - May 2019 be a year that brings everyone peace, joy, light, love and as much poetic inspiration and creative interpretations that can help us lighten the heavy loads of this wearisome, heart-soar world.

WildChild47 said...

ooops - that should have been heart-sore .... but I guess my mind and spirit were already wishing for the "soar" ;)

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@WildChild47; Thank you soo much 😊 Happy New Year to you too💞☕

brudberg said...

Happy new year... joining late, and since today is still a holiday it's like a Sunday evening here

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Happy New Year Bjorn 😊 heading over to read you!💞☕

Kim M. Russell said...

Happy New Year, Toads everywhere, and thanks for hosting on New Year's Day, Sanaa. I've linked up and will be back in a while to read and comment.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Kim; Happy New Year to you too 😊 loved your poem today!💞☕

Frank J. Tassone said...

Happy New Year, Garden dwellers! Thanks for hosting, Sanaa! :)

Marian said...

Happy New Year, Friends!!
I don't have anything new to share in the moment but wanted to greet everyone and express my thanks and love for all of you. Here's to creativity and good things in 2019! xoxxo Marian

Cressida de Nova said...

Happy New Year !

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Frank; Happy New Year 😊 heading over to read you!💞☕

@Marian; Wishing you lots of happiness in the days to come!💞☕

@Cressida; Happy New Year to you too!😊💞☕

Margaret said...

Reposting my poem about the loss of our dear dog- he lived a good long life, but we miss him so. I am looking forward to the New Year and all the poetic challenges. Happy New Year, everyone.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

I am deeply sorry for your loss, Margaret.