Saturday, May 26, 2012

The Sunday Challenge ~ Featuring Daryl Edelstein Part 2

It was way back in January when we first made acquaintance with the photography of  Daryl Edelstein, and today she has kindly agreed to share her images of the mosaic artist, Isaiah Zagar.  So this is a two artists for the price of one deal, one time only offer!




Daryl Edelstein
Isaiah Zagar (Wiki source)
















Daryl has lived her whole life in NYC .. afflicted with a serious case of wanderlust Daryl travels as often as she can .. ususally armed with her Nikon D90 and beloved 28-300mm neckbreaker of a lens .. the photos taken are shared online in two photo blogs .. Out & About in New York City is 99.99% devoted to pix taken in NYC ... Through My Eyes is where the photos taken traveling are shared ...


Isaiah Zagar (born 1939) is a Philadelphia mosaic artist. He is notable for his murals which are primarily in or around Philadelphia's South Street. (wiki)  




© Daryl Edelstein




© Daryl Edelstein




© Daryl Edelstein




© Daryl Edelstein




© Daryl Edelstein


© Daryl Edelstein


Please note that as we are sharing Daryl's photography of Zagar's work, which is on public display, copyright of his work has not been infringed.  
Visit Philadelphia's Magic Garden to learn more about Isaiah Zagar and view Daryl's gallery HERE
If you add an image to your post, please acknowledge the names of both artists.



The Sunday Challenge is posted on Saturday at noon CST to allow extra time for the creative process, so please do not link up old work which kind of fits the image. Members will only respond to poetry written specifically for this prompt: this is in the spirit of our Real Toads project to create opportunities for poets to be newly inspired. Management reserves the right to remove unrelated links.

14 comments:

Fireblossom said...

Daryl, you little sneak!

Kay L. Davies said...

Daryl is such a talented photographer. The things she does when she doesn't have her beloved camera and big lens (with her iPhone, in fact) are amazing.
I didn't know about Isaiah Zagar and his murals until now, but if any photographer could do them justice, Daryl is the one. She's great, and it seems Zagar's no slouch, either.
K

Shawna said...

I love mosaics. The fourth one is my favorite.

(Shay, I just wrote you a "snap" poem; sorry it's late.)

Kerry O'Connor said...

Shawna, your link comes back to Real Toads - not to your blog. If you re-link, I'll remove the faulty one.

hedgewitch said...

We have company descending today, but I will try to get around and read when I can. Kerry, thanks for your comment before I even linked up--as you could probably tell, this is the poem I was talking about at your place yesterday. And many thanks to Daryl for once again sharing with us.

Fireblossom said...

Is anybody else finding it hard to write for a mosaic? I love Daryl to bits, but this isn't speaking to me as a writing prompt.

Fireblossom said...

...and no sooner do i say that, then i come up with something. I'll link it later, after my current poem has been up longer.

Kerry O'Connor said...

This is challenging: I thought the words sprinkled about the artwork might help to kick start an idea. This definitely calls for something less literal than a picture prompt may usually allow for.

Lolamouse said...

Hope I'm not breaking the rules-I posted the same poem for FB's Friday challenge and for this one. It's new and it fit both themes. I know, I'm lazy.

Susie Clevenger said...

What beautiful art and photography. I struggled with this one...went off in deep thought and well came up with questions.

Elliot MacLeod-Michael said...

I don't know that I know of any mosaic artists but I just discovered two of them at once so thanks. This is some cool stuff.

Marian said...

hello, loves.

Mary B. Mansfield said...

What beautiful photos of such amazing artwork! Thankfully I had an idea come to me quickly, just took a bit to get all the pieces in line.

Hannah said...

Wow...late to the party today...I look forward to reading you guys tomorrow! :)