Tuesday, December 25, 2012

A Gift of Wisdom on Christmas Day.



Favim.com
from data.whicdn.com
“I've learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow. I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights. I've learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you'll miss them when they're gone from your life. I've learned that making a "living" is not the same thing as making a "life." I've learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance. I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back. I've learned that whenever I decide something with an open heart, I usually make the right decision. I've learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one. I've learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. People love a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back. I've learned that I still have a lot to learn. I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” 
― Maya Angelou

Merry Christmas Everyone

17 comments:

kaykuala said...

How very true, Kerry! Very wise words to be guided by! Merry Christmas and happy holidays Ma'am!

Hank

Marcoantonio Arellano (Nene) said...

Love this but am most attuned to the last portion of this: "I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

Thank you for sharing such wise woman's words.

Feliz Navidad, mi amiga

Grace said...

How lovely is this Kerry ~

Thank you for posting and wishing everyone here Merry and Blessed Christmas ~

Warmest regards ~

LLM Calling said...

I love those words, thanks so much for sharingthem. happy Christmas xxx

Daryl said...

such a perfect post .. wishing you a very merry

Gail said...

What wonderful words.

Merry Christmas!

Lolamouse said...

So true! Merry Christmas, Kerry and all Toads!

Marian said...

aw, very nice. good to be reminded not to be a pain... i should have read this before opening and assembling various plastic toys (while cursing profusely, heh) this morning :)

LLM Calling said...

it was great to think about poetry when family time for a bit much this afternoon, thanks for inspiring http://llmcalling.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/putting-up-christmas-tree-lights.html

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Uplifting message, Kerry. All the best and thanks for taking the time to put up a message on a busy day!

Lady In Read said...

thank you - to you Kerry and to Maya Angelou..

klahanie said...

Profound and poignant. And if we give out feelings of compassion, kindness and caring, we will feel it back. At this time, we spare a thought for the sad, the lonely and try to be of comfort to them.

I do so hope you had a peaceful, positive Christmas Day.

In kindness and goodwill to you, Kerry.

Gary

James said...

Merry Christmas!!!

Susan said...

Thank you for this, Kerry. With this wisdom Peace enters one's life, if not the world. We had Peace in our Gathering ( http://susanspoetry.blogspot.com/2012/12/presence.html ). I hope all the Toads have peaceful places and celebrations of something . . .

Mary said...

Very nice post, Kerry....and belatedly I hope that all Toads and Friends had the best of holidays. Onward toward the new year!

Hannah said...

Joining Mary in a belated Merry Christmas greeting. I hope it was a joyous one for all!

These are excellent Maya gems of wisdom, Kerry...thank you so much for these! :)

Helen said...

Happy New Year, Kerry! Thank you for sharing Maya with us ...