Saturday, August 23, 2014

Play it Again, Toads! #8


Welcome to the eighth "Play it Again, Toads!" where one may select a challenge from the three I highlight below OR choose any challenge the Imaginary Garden has ever offered. The archive is on the sidebar - 2011 - 2014.

I've just returned from a week long oceanside vacation and have scrambled these past few days getting ready for a new school year.  It's hard to believe these days of idyl are almost over.  These images of "idyl" I share with you - please feel free to use them, they are an OPTION and do NOT have to be used in this challenge.  If you do use one, please combine it with an archived challenge.


1)  Jorge Luis Borges - become lost in the maze of language, magic & endless possibilities - Kerry

2)  The Fib(onacci) - imagined by Hedgewitch

3)  "The book within the story within the poem" - imagined by Fireblossom


Original poems only and link your specific post to Mr. Linky below.  Make it clear which challenge you are resurrecting by including a link.  I look forward to reading your poems.



11 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

This is one of my favourite prompts, Margaret. I always love to see which ones you have chosen from the archives.

Glad you had a good vacation - good to have you back.

Susan said...

What a treat! A Kerry-prompt that hits my taste buds and is from before "my time." Thank you, Margaret.

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed this challenge! Thank you Margaret!

brudberg said...

I love the Borges prompt.. I have never read that story.. but one of my favorite story is the library of babel.. Hope to read many nice poems tonight and tomorrow.

Hannah said...

Thank you Margaret and Kerry, (I picked your challenge!)

Susan said...

Margaret, I forgot to tell you that I love and marvel in these photos, especially the last one. I think my parents must have provided times like this for me--how else can imagination become vast and specific?

Marian said...

mine is kind of a response to a recent poem of Kerry's.

Bodhirose said...

Today I read a quote by Jorge Luis Borges that inspired my write. I hope it is in keeping with what was intended here.

Susie Clevenger said...

What beautiful choices, Margaret, for this challenge. I chose Kerry's. It was before I was a toad.

Jim said...

They all sounded like fun, Margaret. I chose # 2 (the Fib) because it fit with a picture I had been wanting to use. :)
..

Anonymous said...

Hey Margaret--wonderful choices--I did Kerry's terrific one because I had done the other two, I think. All are good, and your pictures look beautiful. Sounds like you have had a nice summer. Thanks. k.