Definition

One must make a distinction however: when dragged into prominence by half poets, the result is not poetry, nor till the autocrats among us can be “literalists of the imagination”—above insolence and triviality and can present for inspection, imaginary gardens with real toads in them, shall we have it.

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Words Count With Mama Zen

Greetings, Toads!

The older I get, the easier it is for me to admit that I'm a little weird. Yes, I can pick up a quarter using only my toes. Yes, I'm a water sign that hates the water. And, yes, I do watch Fox News just to piss myself off.  See?  A little weird.

What about you?  Are you a little weird, too?  Do tell . . . in 46 words or less.

14 comments:

jo-hanna said...

We complement each other: I'm an earth sign and have to live by the river.
Don't know about Fox though. Will Eurosport do for aggrevation ? :-)

Can your make it 53 next time please?

mood wings said...

I love the "fun facts about MZ."

Fireblossom said...

Weird? Me??? I'm as dull and conventional as a box of rocks.

hedgewitch said...

If we aren't weird here, there's just something wrong. I have been having a hard time with words of late-I thought making it only 46 would make it harder, but oddly, it seemed to help, so thanks, MZ--of course your title reminds me of the old Men At Work line--'You sure are a funny kid, Johnny/---but I LIKE you!'

Susan said...

Spun a little bit, combining your prompt here with mine at PU. Come visit.

Magaly Guerrero said...

"A little weird" was exactly what I needed today. Thank you!

Jim said...

"A little bit weird"
I think not, Mom Zee, you are just you. (I'll not say more, it is all good though.)
..

Marian said...

yep

Margaret said...

ha ha. I expect to learn a lot of things today… :)

Susie Clevenger said...

I love weird. :)

Other Mary said...

Haha - I am almost over qualified to write about this! Thanks for the suggestion MZ!

Camila Rafaela Felippi said...

Is good to be different sometimes (:

manicddaily said...

Hey MZ--I wrote a couple of short ones--posting one, but then I wrote a much better poem, a little longer, but on the same theme--no requirement for anyone to read, but I thought I should just put it on the same post. Thanks, as always. k.

Hannah said...

Thank you, Mama Zen!! I find that writing with brevity has become easier since taking part in your challenges so thank you! :)