Monday, October 20, 2014

Open Link Monday

Welcome to The Imaginary Garden ... It's Pumpkin Time!

photo credit: W J (Bill) Harrison via photopin cc
Greetings to all! The month of October is fast reaching its conclusion, and I am sure our friends from the Northern Hemisphere are beginning to feel the chill that will follow harvest-time. The one thing I really miss out on in my upside-down seasonal world, is the ritual of the pumpkin... and Halloween! It always looks like a fun celebration to be a part of. It seems that pumpkins come in all shapes and sizes!

photo credit: La Chachalaca Fotografía via photopin cc</ 

And so on to poetry...

Please link up a poem of your choice - whether old or new, written for pleasure or prompt - all poetry is welcome today. Take the time to visit the blogs of your fellow poets for a rewarding time spent in the garden.


13 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I can barely wait to make our traditional Pumpkin Chilli. I might cheat and make it before All Hallow's Eve. ;-D

Happy Monday, everyone!

brudberg said...

Ha.. no real pumpkin traditions in Sweden.. Here it's time to lit candles on the graves soon...

Anonymous said...

In our Florida heat, premature jack-o-lanterns ejaculate inward, frowsing their brows and a-kiltering their hats! Still, the pumpkin choir is wonderful to hear as All-Hallows approaches.

Susan said...

Happy Monday Kerry and Toads. Having a pumpkin this time of year in the USA is like having a turkey for thanksgiving. Mine is decorating my steps until I am ready to wrestle it into pies and soup.

Marcoantonio Arellano (Nene) said...

feliz, lunes, mi amigas y amigos

Jim said...

I'd love to do a pumpkin write for you. Pumpkin pie is my favorite vegetable. Also pumpkin time and Halloween readiness are heralds of my upcoming late October birthday.

BUT I posted my 'grain' poem for you so late last night, I'd like more readership for it. Next Monday? Thank you for reading it and for your nice comment. Sorry to get dark with it but I personally know a similar true story. Both members in our family but no biological relationship between the couple.
..

Unknown said...

Submitted one of old poems written for a dear friend's sister on the day she gave birth to her baby.. This one is close to my heart..

Carrie Van Horn said...

Happy Monday everyone. :-)

Susie Clevenger said...

Hello all! I am playing the wicked card with my poem. :)

Justin Lamb said...

Howdy. I'm new to posting on Imaginary Garden, though I have known of it for a while. Looking forward to reading some new blogs and getting to know everyone here.

Margaret said...

It's a tradition to carve quite elaborate faces and art on our pumpkins… i always look forward to the friendly family competition.

Anonymous said...

Hey Kerry, this poem was also inspired by your In Other Words challenge, but I didn't use the title in the end, since I was linking here. Thanks again--such a cool challenge. I'm going to think about it with other books as makes for a great jumping off place.

Somehow I don't have time for pumpkins with no little kids in the house--though there should be time, I hope, for pie. k.

elaine said...

Hi - came across your great site and thought I would join in with something autumnal