Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Out of Standard - The "Z" Word



Image courtesy of Wikicommons.




Greetings Garden Dwellers!
Welcome back to Out of Standard, where I will call upon you to write out of the standard and find new places in the everyday.  It is in that spirit in which I present October’s challenge...


THE “Z” WORD

Ten years ago, the film Shaun of the Dead was unleashed on the world, and wiggled it’s way into my heart.  For those who haven’t seen it, it’s a buddy film which happens to comically depict a Zombie Revolution in Britain.  I do highly recommend it, but you need not have seen the film to partake in this challenge.

To celebrate the tenth anniversary of Shaun of the Dead, I am going to call upon you to imagine a world where the Zombie Revolution is upon us, and you have holed up in a bunker, which you cannot leave.  The tone, setting, companions, munitions are all up you!  Write from that place and see where it takes you!




KEEP IN MIND 
Like every challenge, your poem must by newly written for this challenge and not one which you have previously written which conveniently fits the theme.  

So go now, my muddy buddies, and bring us back something shiny and new. 









9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Izzy--I just posted something for open link night which is actually somewhat appropriate--but not written for the challenge, and not quite with the sense of comedy that the challenge could bring up--but my time is pretty limited--I'll see.

I've never actually seen a single zombie film! So my ideas may also be somewhat limited! But it looks like fun. k.

hedgewitch said...

Great prompt Izy--will see what I can do.

@Brendan--have lost two comments at your place--will try again, later.I guess the wordpress gods are angry with me.

Kerry O'Connor said...

And just in time for the next season of Walking Dead... Can't escape the zombie revolution.

Anonymous said...

Izzy--I'm going to hazard linking my just posted--please feel free to delete, as I did honestly finish this this morning before seeing your cool prompt, but it is as fitting as I'll likely get. These things much be on people's minds. (I am my own zombie right now as back in NYC, behind on everything.) K.

Maude Lynn said...

This was fun, Izy!

Fireblossom said...

Why anyone would want to hang out at the Winchester is beyond me, but it was a funny movie. I'll see what I can come up with!

Anonymous said...

Hi Izy--I have written more specifically based on your prompt. I don't want to link twice without specific "permission." I really enjoyed this. I've had kind of a horrible day/night, so it was a great relief to write on this subject. k.

Hannah said...

Well mine took an unexpected turn. ;) Fun, Izy...thank you!

Jeyanthi said...

Thanks for promotion, i like the whole idea behind... :)