Thursday, December 3, 2015

Words Count With Mama Zen

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to the Words Count with Mama Zen ekphrasis challenge!  Step right up and let the following vintage photos take you back to the circuses of days gone by. Be delighted!  Be amazed!  Be inspired . . . and write a poem of 60 words or less.


mydarling:

Circus girl smokes while rehearsing her stunts. 
Nina Leen, 1949.
Circus Girl Smokes While Rehearsing Her Stunts; Nina Leen, 1949


dirtworshipingypsy:

fortune teller. early 1870s
Fortune Teller, 1870s


John Gutmann, 1935:
John Gutmann, 1935


circus ~:
Unknown; via pinterest

13 comments:

Fireblossom said...

This is awesome. I may have to write more than one.

Sioux Roslawski said...

MZ--I agree with Shay. The photos were great. I jumped on the first one, but each one was rich with possibilities.

And cleanliness isn't next to godliness. Brevity is.

hedgewitch said...

Thanks for the inspiration MZ--who could not write to one of these?

Buddah Moskowitz said...

With apologies to Tod Browning.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Hi kids, an intriguing prompt this rainy day. Sioux, when I click on your link, it takes me to your blog with a "this page is not available" sign.I'll check back later.

Jim said...

Fun to write. Nice pictures too. And I needed RTFD as my first was targeted for the usual 55.
..

Angie said...

Love, love, love this MZ. In another life, I'd be a trapeze artist.

Outlawyer said...

super cool pics, MZ. k.

Margaret said...

What stories these images provoke!

Susie Clevenger said...

Great Images!!

brudberg said...

I wonder what my fortunes tell... I will be back later to read you all.. :-)

brudberg said...

The correct link to Sioux's poem is
http://siouxspage.blogspot.se/2015/12/shakespeare-and-me.html

Carol Campbell said...

I went to a little bit of a bitter place for this one! Thanks for a thought provoking prompt, Mama Zen!