Definition

One must make a distinction however: when dragged into prominence by half poets, the result is not poetry, nor till the autocrats among us can be “literalists of the imagination”—above insolence and triviality and can present for inspection, imaginary gardens with real toads in them, shall we have it.

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Play it Again, Toads!

This weekend we revisit archived challenges of the Imaginary Garden. This affords us the opportunity to catch up on a recent prompt we may have missed or allows us to explore the side bar (2011 - 2017).

The Youthful Poet's Dream
William Blake (1820)

Alternatively, select a prompt from the three I have highlighted below. I have not included a Flash 55 prompt. However, that is an Open Challenge on the first weekend of each month so any 55-worders are welcome.

1.  Fireblossom Fridays: Arrivals & Departures - December 2011

2.  Get Listed! - September 2014

3.  Sunday Mini-Challenge: Carilda Olivar Labra - February 2015

Feel free to write to more than one prompt. The link stays open and at the top of the home page until Tuesday.




8 comments:

brudberg said...

Mine is based on the list but I have mixed a bit from the other prompts as well...

paulscribbles said...

Get Listed 2015 prompt for me.

angieinspired said...

Get Listed works for me (three)

Jim said...

I voted for "Get Listed" also. I like to do them EVEN IF I broke Grapling's rule. No, I did not bring my dog.
..

Kim Russell said...

I went with Grace's prompt as I had never heard of Carilda Olivar Labra and was really taken by her poetry. I got so carried away, I linked my poem to the original prompt!

Susie Clevenger said...

I chose Fireblossom's Arrivals and Destinations. This is the first thing I've written since Hurricane Harvey devastated Texas.

telltaletherapy said...

Was tempted most by Grace's prompt and Carilda's 'Eve's Discourse' - always fun to burrow in the archives and discover new poets

Outlawyer said...

Thank you, Kerry. k.