Tuesday, December 19, 2017

The Tuesday Platform


Greetings to all poets, wayfarers and friends. It's the holiday season and Christmas is right around the corner! It's the time when we're given the opportunity to brighten other people's lives by spreading warmth and joy. Moreover, it's when we bear each other's burden and lighten the load of mind.

I came across this glorious collection of poetry reading by several celebrities, and knew that it would be absolutely perfect to share with you guys this week. Poems such as "If everything happens that can't be done," and "Do not go gentle into that Good Night," tend to make us think more deeply about life. 

If you have any thoughts to share, ideas you wish to release into the wild or a world view to express, then you have come to the right place. Please share a poem of your choice and enjoy the company of your fellow scribes. We look forward to reading you and hope you have a wonderful day ahead.

Share * Read * Comment * Enjoy


12 comments:

brudberg said...

Hello... I had some fun with google and found a poem. A bit disturbing too.

Gillena Cox said...

Linking this week's Monday WRites poem. Good Morning. Wishing all a fine day.
I received a shock last night hearing that one of my friends was hospitalized over the weekend and had died. Her two daughters and her mother are distraught. RIP Paula Clarke. Already I miss her.

much love...

Gillena Cox said...

Wow Sanaa thanks for the video treat, so far I have looked at

The Fall of the House of Usher, animated with subtitles - Edgar Allan Poe (Read by Christopher Lee)

Plan on looking at the all

much love...

Marian said...

I'm afraid my poem is not very uplifting. Also, everything happens so fast these days, this is my response to a terrible event of only a week or so ago, but it seems longer away. xoxo

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Bjorn; Hello!🙂 Good to see you, heading over now!

@Gillena; I'm so sorry, please accept my condolences😓

@Marian; I recall the terrible event.. it was tragic😓

Kerry O'Connor said...

I am back from my trip, but have nothing to share today.. I will enjoy listening to the video clip and reading.

Thanks, Sanaa.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Kerry; Hello!😘 Good to have you back with us! Hope you enjoy the video clip!💞

Kerry O'Connor said...

Dover beach never sounded more relevant!

Magaly Guerrero said...

I need to get some sleepy time, but I shall back after I wake up to delight in what everyone has written. And in your poem, too, Sanaa. Thanks a bunch for tending the Garden. ;-)

Frank J. Tassone said...

Good Evening, Poets! Wishing you all a very happy Holiday season and a delightful New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy Holidays to Poets here one and all. Late to the party but have submitted.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Kerry; I know exactly what you mean!💞

@Tradlos; Hi! Welcome to the Garden!💞

@Magaly; Always a pleasure, gorgeous!💞

@Frank; Happy Holidays to you too!💞

@Paul; Thank you, so nice to see you!💞