Saturday, December 16, 2017

Micro Poetry ~ Fire and Ice

“It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche

FIRE AND ICE
Robert Frost
Greetings to all! The object of this challenge is to write a poem in no more than 10 lines. However, since this is the holiday edition, I will extend the line count to 25.

Our frame of reference is Fire & Ice from the title of Robert Frost's poem. For those who seek further inspiration, click HERE for more of his short form poems.

11 comments:

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Loved the challenge, Kerry!💞 I went in a completely different direction. Happy Weekend, everyone!💞

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This prompt took me back. Ouch. It hurts.

said...

Micro is my favorite.

brudberg said...

Ten lines is just perfect.

Angie said...

micro is my fav too. i went with billy collins instead of frost...but fire & ice is still in it

Gillena Cox said...

Nice prompt Kerry. Thanks for the hyperlink to more Frost

Much😇love

tonispencer said...

Great prompt Kerry!

Kerry O'Connor said...

As always the differing angles on the prompt delight me.

It is a very hot Sunday in my part of the world. I hope everyone is having an enjoyable day.

I will be away from home on Monday through to Tuesday, so my apologies in advance if I am late to comment on any late link ups.

Kim M. Russell said...

I agree with Bjorn - ten lines are perfect - and then mine refused to go any further than nine! I like the Robert Frost poem very much.

Mariya Koleva said...

Hey, nice prompt. I am still a bit rusty in writing, coming back to it slowly.
Happy holidays, everybody!

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

A late entry.