Tuesday, March 20, 2018

The Tuesday Platform


Today is full of wonder (for moi). It’s World Storytelling Day, it’s the first day of spring in the Northern Hemisphere… And I don’t know about you, my dearest Toads, but the thought of oral storytelling and the kiss of the Vernal Equinox makes me all giddy and bloomy and annoyingly cheery inside. I don’t even care that according to the weather forecast, New York is supposed to get more of the frozen stuff that shall not be named. Spring finally came. So, sleep señor winter.

Let’s welcome the freshness of Spring (or the spiciness of Autumn, if you are in the Southern Hemisphere) with poetry. Share a new poem, an old poem, a short poem, any poem… then, delight in everybody else’s poetic yum. 

winter continues
chilling clouds and naked trees,
but New York feels spring


11 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

Let’s spring some poetry, my dear Toads.

brudberg said...

I brought some spring cleaning into the platform... I will be back later to read... bring out the brooms.

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Thanks for hosting, gorgeous!💞 There is thunder and rain at my end as I pour my evening coffee. I'll be around shortly to read and comment. Happy Tuesday everyone!💞

Gillena Cox said...

Wow!!! Look at your tree and ours are all leafy green. Ah but that's the beauty of Omnipotent creation. Left to one of us it would have been all green or all bare and all boring.
Happy Tuesday everyone

much love...

Anonymous said...

Happy Spring for us in the North - and Autumn for the Southern Hemisphere folk. I have turned my eye to something that is quite at home in the garden today. Sun is shining so back to read your poems after the first Spring walk

Magaly Guerrero said...

@Bjorn, I love your poetic spring cleaning.

@Sanaa, Storms can be defeated by coffee every time. :-D

@Gillena, Nature is the greatest of creatrixes, isn't she? The variety of her wilds is what makes her perfect.

@TellTaleTherapy, I hope your walk is full of wonder!

Kim M. Russell said...

A spring poem, with a little darkness.

Kim M. Russell said...

I apologise for posting and running, Magaly, but I'll be back in the morning to read and comment.

Jim said...

Spring came back to us today, we already had a few weeks of summer, temps even to 87F yesterday. Today hi low 70's. I'd love to write stories but I'd want to do it right.
..

Frank J. Tassone said...

Evening, toads! Thanks, Magalay, for your celebratory prompt! I channeled Dylan Thomas in my soulful defiance of Nor'easter Toby's lame attempt to spoil this Spring Equinox! LOL! :)

Magaly Guerrero said...

@Kim, How exciting! Can't wait to read it. You know I would love it. And on the apology, your manners are so much better than mine, lol. It's the Spring Equinox here, so I've been gardening all day. I've not read any poems since very early in the afternoon, so... you're cool on my book. :-D

@Jim, Lucky! We are getting a snow day... tomorrow. About story writing and doing it right, we should always aim to do what we do as well as we can.

@Frank, Can't wait to see what you concocted.