Thursday, December 27, 2018

Artistic Interpretations with Margaret - Alcohol Inks

Blue Lagoon by O. Bentor (NFS)
Welcome to Artistic Interpretations.  I am fortunate to share poetry with local poets once a month here in the Blue Ridge Parkway area of North Carolina.  Sitting in a room surrounded with displayed art, it is truly a creative environment.  Each month the venue has new local talent displayed and often the art work is for sale.  I fell in love with these alcohol inks and I hope you find inspiration in them as well.  Many were for sale for very reasonable prices (most within a $15 - $40 range)  If you have a particular interest, please let me know and I can reach out and find out if it is still for sale.

Please interpret the image in any way you please, but I have listed the artist's title below each image.  I asked if I could photograph these images and I was given a thumbs up.  I have twelve more to share with you for the next Artistic Interpretation's challenge.

You may select as many images as you wish to write to, but please have each poem be original.  Link your specific post below to Mr. Linky and then visit the other poets as we all love to know we have been enjoyed and read!   I look forward to your Artistic Interpretations!

Appalachian Summer by S. Anderson ($85)

Springtime by S. Anderson ($40)

Mountain Glow by D. Trifiletti ($20)

Rusty Gold by L.L. Williams ($15)

Reaching by J. Hancock (NFS)

Rocky Mountain High by B. Powell (NFS)

Deep Woods by C. Grimes ($30)

Springtime Glow by Betty Grimes (NFS)

a detail of a collaboration (NFS)

Radiant Spring by O. Bentor (NFS)

Sunburst by D. Trifiletti ($20)


18 comments:

Kim M. Russell said...

Thank you for sharing these delightful paintings with us, Margaret, and for hosting so soon after Christmas. It was difficult to choose one so I might come back later with another poem - I'm already looking forward to the next Artistic Impressions!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

I am in love with this prompt!❤️ Thank you for hosting us, Margaret.

Jim said...

These are sooo neat!!! I haven't chosen which one(s) I will write to yet.
We also like the Appalachian Trail. Too bad it's so far away from us here on the Texas Gulf Coast's flat lands. Each time we pass we stop ('we' being Mrs. Jim and I) we walk or drive a bit I'd it. There is a nice National Geographic's book about the trail. Mrs. Jim had it, the book to read, and the desire to walk, for her Bucket List activities. She loaned the book to our then preacher and couldn't get it back. She has outgrown her desire to do the walk as well. But I did finally find another one of the N.G. books for her on eBay.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

A wonderful prompt, Margaret. I have been a bit out of it this week, between a three day power outage, and falling behind. I am back at my desk and hoping my brain cells will kick into gear soon.

brudberg said...

So vivid in color... it's not easy to choose... thinking cap on.

said...

These are so badass. I've been looking up more alcohol ink paintings all day.

Ali said...

What amazing pieces of art. The colors are just fantastic. I found your site by way of Kim. So glad I did.

Margaret said...

We put our faithful family down yesterday and today I am taking three "kids" to the airport... I will be back later today on
Friday to visit and comment. Thank you so much for playing today!

Margaret said...

Jasmine - your link does not work...

Margaret said...

ok... I need to clarify... not our faithful family... I meant our "faithful family DOG"... makes a world of difference!

said...

It's fixed. Nights are hard on me.

I'm sorry about your dog. :( Are you holding up okay?

Linda Lee Lyberg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda Lee Lyberg said...

Margaret- Thank you for the wonderful prompt. I love this art work. And I am so sorry about your dog. That's always so difficult.

Fireblossom said...

jasmine's link not working for me, still.

said...

You're welcome.

robkistner said...

Thank you for the visual prompts Margaret. The one I chose inspired me to go in the opposite direction of the image's title, but the image definitely inspired me to write. To echo Fireboossom, jasmine's link is dead.

tonispencer said...

As is your link apparently . I went to read your poem and it said the link could not be found

Susie Clevenger said...

What beautiful art Margaret. Thank you so much for inspiring us with them.