Tuesday, February 12, 2019

The Tuesday Platform




Queen-Anne's Lace

Her body is not so white as
anemony petals nor so smooth—nor
so remote a thing. It is a field
of the wild carrot taking
the field by force; the grass
does not raise above it.
Here is no question of whiteness,
white as can be, with a purple mole
at the center of each flower.
Each flower is a hand’s span
of her whiteness. Wherever
his hand has lain there is
a tiny purple blemish. Each part
is a blossom under his touch
to which the fibres of her being
stem one by one, each to its end,
until the whole field is a
white desire, empty, a single stem,
a cluster, flower by flower,
a pious wish to whiteness gone over—
or nothing. -William Carlos Williams 


February greeted me with a wink and whispered, "It's love," excitedly into my ear. I use to pride myself and thought I knew what it was, what it felt like and boy was I wrong. Before him I must have dipped into the feeling a few times and tasted passion so much as a single bite. Believe me when I say that I have had a million crushes being the hopeless romantic that I am, but this.. this amazing feeling, this fire and burning sensation in my chest is something out of a Jane Austen novel, is all-consuming and out of this world! This is the real thing.

As for the job unfortunately I didn't get it but it's all right I will keep trying. Lets see what destiny has in store. So tell me, what's happening in your part of the world? 

If you have any thoughts to share, ideas you wish to release into the wild or a world view to express, then you have come to the right place. Please share a poem of your choice and enjoy the company of your fellow scribes. We look forward to reading you and hope you have a wonderful day ahead.

SHARE * READ * COMMENT * ENJOy

6 comments:

Susie Clevenger said...

Happy Tuesday!

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@Susie; Happy Tuesday to you too 😊❤️

KB said...

Always happy to hear someone is in love.

Whitesnake said...

I love Purple "Deep Purple"

Sanaa Rizvi said...

@KB; That's so sweet of you to say so!!😊❤️

@Whitesnake; Me too!! Thank you for joining us!!😊❤️

Priscilla King said...

I started to write a bit of Bad Poetry about what's happening now, then decided not to give it that much publicity. (Other penny-pinchers were using the Internet without buying anything in the cafe--four tables with laptops, only two with food! Is everyone else all *that* poor this winter?) Will try to think of a better poem tonight. Enjoyed all the Valentine poems...