Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Poetic Exercise

 I love all the unique post and the exercises! Lately, I  wasn't feeling inspired, till I went for a  walk. It provided a different view. I then decided to try Grace's exercise, the Triolet. Thank you, I really enjoyed it~

I do yoga on occasion and thought it might be fun to try an exercise involving the third eyeChakras are basically spinning wheels of energy, located at different points in the body. There are seven energy fields. The third eye is called the Brow chakra, it is located between your eyebrows. It is the area of intuition, imagination and your spirit.

This is for fun; I thought I would share with you a visualization. It will quiet your mind and you will discover what to write about.  I want you to write your poem based on your answer. You don't have to share the details, but can if you like.  It is like taking a time out, it just quiets your mind for a moment.





Begin by observing your breath inhale for a count of 4, hold your breath for 4, exhale for a count of 4 and hold your breath for a count of 4, exhale.   Repeat this a few times, until you feel your mind becoming calm.


Imagine you are walking along a beach, your favorite beach. You see a path in the sand that leads you to an old cottage.  You walk up the path to the cottage and come to a door.  There is an odd symbol on the door, as you look at the door, it opens.  You step inside into a long hall way, it is lined with books.
You walk along this hall way, until you come to a room where a wise old man or woman is sitting at a desk. This person hands you a book, it is midnight blue with gold writing on it. Your name is engraved in gold on the book. You take the book and sit at a large desk. The book falls open to a page, what do you see, what stands out?   Sit quietly and reflect on this word or image.  Think about this for a bit and then gently bring your awareness back to you, sitting in front of your computer.  Take a deep breath and write the poem based on your word, image or how it made you feel. Whatever comes to mind. If we all write about peace, I will be surprised ;D

Please try it, it is just a different way to find a focus to write on. Does anyone do yoga?  I became interested in it, when I saw a good friend had great results doing it.  There are  exercises, that  help different areas of your body. If you want to know more, check out this site, Yoga Journal.

11 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

This sounds like a wonderful idea Ella. The quest for inner peace is an on-going and mysterious journey.. I'll definitely give this a try.

Ella said...

I already have my image, but have to run a few errands, but I did start it. I so look forward to what everyone shares~ Thank you~

Marian said...

well, my blue book gave me the word "united," and this is where it went. heh.

Ella said...

I received a butterfly, so I am working on transformation type poem.
Thanks Marian for giving it a try!

Jinksy said...

My book was blank, just waiting for those words to be written1 :)

Jinksy said...

P.S. I think you'll find the correct name for the orange, second chakra is the SACRAL, not sexual - although it sounds almost the same. *smiles*

indiwriter said...

I enjoyed this prompt.

As for chakras, practice meditation regularly and you might just get this blissful feeling around the "third eye" from which you do not wish to come out.

Cheerz!

Doctor FTSE said...

"MYST" anyone? (Google it!)

Doctor FTSE said...

Ella - link No.5 (to my response to your Challenge) doesn't work (too many http's!) Can you perhaps remove it? Apologies. Richard C-W, aka Dr.FTSE.

Kerry O'Connor said...

@ Doc FTSE: If you mean the game MYST - I'm a huge fan, having played all 5 of them.

Liz Rice-Sosne said...

Ahh ... just started doing yoga again this AM ... felt so good and energizing. And I used to do daily Chakra meditations. It is nice o see this.