Friday, May 17, 2013

Artistic Interpretation with Margaret

Artwork by Amanda Robinson

Welcome to another "Artistic Interpretation" Friday.  I present to you today white Prisma colored pencil on black paper drawings.  I attended my daughter's gallery showing a couple of months ago and the theme was "Tree Metamorphosis".

Artwork by Emma Whitlock

The teacher gave no details or explanations - just said "Go!"  The students used a variety of approaches, personal memories, past experiences, favorite place(s) - all of which, to my way of thinking, create a unique and personal "dwelling place" of sorts; but this is my interpretation of what the artists accomplished.

Artwork by Chelsea Bednar

Your challenge is to observe the ambiance (mood, character, quality, tone atmosphere) of a drawing you choose and write a poetry response in any which way you please.  The only thing I ask is it be new"ish".  You are welcome to pull up an old poetry piece, if it seems to fit, and tweak it.  Of course, brand spanking new is wonderful as well.  I realize this is often a busy time of year (weddings, graduations, gardening, etc).

Artwork by Rebecca Nenow

You may post the image on your blog, (the last two are horizontal and are much better viewed if enlarged - and you may enlarge them on your blogs) and please give credit to the artist.  Thank you, and I look forward to your artistic interpretation!


15 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

These young artists are so creative. I'm always amazed at the unique quality each brings to a project. many thanks to them for allowing us to use their work to inspire our poetry.

Marian said...

beautiful! i'm so impressed by the vision and talent of these artists, Margaret. recently a friend decided that i live in a mushroom. so maybe i should be able to respond to this prompt. :)

Hannah said...

I agree with Kerry and Marian, I was inspired by the very same!! Excellent challenge, thank you, Margaret and thank you to each of these brilliant artists!! :)Happy Weekend!

hedgewitch said...

These are just mind-blowing, Margaret--so original and alive. Thanks to you and the artists for sharing them, and for the inspiration.

Susan said...

Wow! IN case I don't get back here with a poem--I want you to know these show me worlds within worlds in enchanting evocative ways. In your daughters, I like the nod to Dali and Hugo amid the knotted roots and paths.

Anonymous said...

Margaret, watch out. Once Riley's done at Laguna Beach Institute, she'll be sending you images, too!

I agree about the Dali image, loved the clocks in Chelsea's, which is where I found my inspiration.

Great prompt and great daughter, Margaret! (She's on Rte. 66, flyin' down the highway in her Thelma and Louise shades right now, I'll bet...!) Amy

Margaret said...

:) Amy... yes, I do need to extend artwork done by the poets and their children to be a part of my Artistic Interpretations. I almost panicked because Chelsea got me these so late... (the morning of!!) the challenge. I will put an email out inviting such participation. Thanks for the idea.

Peggy said...

Wonderful art works here and the theme of tree metamorphosis is a good jumping off place as well. You are most creative with your prompts.

Helen said...

I love that the instructor said 'just GO! Go, they did .. to mystical, deep places. Great challenge, Margaret. Have fun with your daughter. I know you cherish these opportunities.

Margaret said...

Thank you all for participating and I also love late entries. It is hard to write a poem from a one day prompt - and it IS a Friday... hopefully a bit of fun and relaxation are in order. So, if you would like to post Monday at Open Link Night, I would be thrilled!!

Kerry O'Connor said...

Margaret, the link you put up here leads to your Flash 55. I'm not sure it was what you intended to share for this prompt.

TCPC said...

Wonderful! thanks margaret for sharing these brillaint works. have posted mine now. will come back and read others too!

Margaret said...

Kerry. Curser all the way down. It is a 55 and a IGWRT's challenge :).

Helen said...

I revised a poem from way back in 2011 ... Margaret, you said it could be new-ish!!

Kay L. Davies said...

I'm a little late getting to this, but I made it.
Fabulous art, Margaret. I can't even "picture" using white pencil on black paper myself.
K