Friday, January 24, 2014

Fireblossom Friday: Clothes Make the Woman!

Hello dear Toads and pond followers! It's Fireblossom here with another Fireblossom Friday challenge!

I'm sure you've all heard the expression "clothes make the man". Well, today, the clothes make the poem, or at least contribute significantly to it!


What I want you to do is to write a poem in which clothes play a significant part. Here are just a few ideas: a wedding dress, a military uniform, a favorite pair of shoes, an item of clothing that was a gift, or something that someone else wore that moved you in some way.

What about little girls playing dress-up? Rebel rebel, did you tear your dress? Or maybe you wore blue velvet?

Now, to be clear, I want more than a fleeting mention of something worn; it needs to be important to the poem. It can be something you wore or would like to wear. It can be something worn by someone else; someone you know, or a complete stranger who captivated you by their appearance. You could also write about someone whose attire was so odd or unusual that it made you notice.

Some clothing is ceremonial in nature, or identifies the wearer as a member of a certain group or tribe.

Now, Catblossom would like to come in with the LARGE PRINT. This must be a NEW poem written especially for this challenge. No re-posts. The poem must have some item of clothing as an important component, not just something mentioned in passing. If Catblossom feels that anyone linking has not made an honest effort to do the challenge as laid out, she will remove it. It's a specific challenge, not a "prompt", not a loose suggestion.

Feel free to use any of the images I have used here, or something of your own, or none.

Have fun, link up, and I will be around to read all of your poems!



 

18 comments:

Kenia Santos said...

Fair enough. It's early morning here and I'll put some thought on it. See you later if I can come up with a poem. <3

Lolamouse said...

Crack that whip, Catblossom!

revelations said...

good one... this will create some interesting poems...

Kerry O'Connor said...

I have not been able to write at all during the week - complete mental fatigue - but I will give this idea some thought, and hopefully come up with a response this weekend.

revelations said...

here's hoping I don't feel the Fireblossom whip... :)

hedgewitch said...

A very inventive challenge, as always, Shay, and one that made me really work. I will be visiting back later, fellow toads.

HansHB said...

A great post, I do like the B&W ones.

You'll find my new B&W Blog:

http://hanshb.wordpress.com/

Susie Clevenger said...

Love the challenge...it had me thinking purple and going to church...now that's a surprise. :)

my heart's love songs said...

well, Ms Catblossom, my poem may not be what you are expecting, but i do believe it fulfills all of the requirements of the challenge. {smile}

this was fun, Shay!

Ella said...

Meow! ;D Off to gather...damn I wrote about Emily Dickinson and that white dress-shoot! Okay, off to gather swatches....Thank you FB!

Hannah said...

Thank you for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

You know that once I got back on my feet after flu/depression, this was the first place I'd look for a prompt. Shay, I went off on a rant, which is fine... and the pix... well, I'm going to send this link to Riley, LOL.

Glad to be back at my trusty desktop, Sadie. Amy

Susan said...

After several false starts on topics like The curtain dress in Gone With the Wind, the scarf that killed Isadora Duncan and mini skirts, I ended up writing on men not woman, and therefore will not add it to the Linky. But here it is for any interested: http://susanspoetry.blogspot.com/2014/01/sign-of-times.html

Fireblossom said...

I've been unclear and want to fix it! The subject may indeed be male clothing, if you prefer.

Susan said...

Thanks, Fireblossom. I tend to wear the old jeans myself, but this is about a clown. Enjoy. I am at an all-day workshop so will return to read later.

Ella said...

I would wear my poem! ;D

Anonymous said...

late, and maybe not what you were looking for Shay, if so, just delete my link ~

Lolamouse said...

Late as usual. Can't explain ; )