Definition

One must make a distinction however: when dragged into prominence by half poets, the result is not poetry, nor till the autocrats among us can be “literalists of the imagination”—above insolence and triviality and can present for inspection, imaginary gardens with real toads in them, shall we have it.

Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sunday Feature Artist: Elisabetta Trevisan


Hi everyone !   I am excited to share with you the work of Italian artist, Elisabetta Trevisan.  She was born in 1957 in Merano, a town in northern Italy, bordering on Austria.  She attended the art school of Padua and her father is a famous illustrator and cartoonist.  

Thaw     


"I have always devoted myself mainly to painting. My artworks are realized using medium density panels on which I work mixing different techniques; gouache, pastel, water colour. I also decorate on backed clay, glass, wood, fabrics, mural surfaces and self-made Papier-maché objects. Moreover, I have contributed as an illustrator to many magazines, illustrated a children book on ecology in collaboration with Ente Parco Fiume Sile, painted a collector's pack of tarot ed. Lo Scarabeo – Torino, realized settings for animated films for the television."


The Witch




Necklace of Pearls


Chimera, The Sound of Thunder

The Night








Pandora




The Passage

Klairi Angelou writes:

"Elisabetta Trevisan, inspired by the Renaissance and the Pre-Raphaelites with their infamous depiction of female figures in interior and exterior environments, has created a stunning oeuvre dominated by women with beautiful hair styles and flowing fabrics."

Website:  here
"MY FINE ART PRINTS SITE" http://betta.redbubble.com/
You can find her in Facebook

Our challenge is to write a new poem or prose poem or flash fiction (250 words limit)  based on the work & theme (women) of Elisabetta Trevisan. If you upload her image/s in your writing, please acknowledge the name of the artist and link to her site. She has expressed interest in our work and I will be sending her the link after we have completed our challenge.   I will be checking in during the week to see if anyone else has linked up. 

Wishing you all Happy Weekend ~ Grace (aka Heaven)



  


19 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Wow! Her work is amazing, Grace! Many thanks for putting this feature together.

I'm sure many toads are rolling up their sleeves. I expect some incredible poetry for this prompt.

Grazie, Elisabetta.

Grace said...

Thank you Kerry ~ Her paintings are beautiful & I look forward to reading everyone's words ~

Happy weekend to all ~

Susan said...

Here is a very little bit to give for such an incredible picture--but it came to me in a flash and insisted on being posted.

Hannah said...

Wow...she's amazing...thank you Grace, for featuring Elisabetta!

Heaven said...

Susan and Hannah ~ I am blown away by your responses ~ Thank you ~

hedgewitch said...

Very cool, Grace. Thanks for the introduction to Ms. Trevisan's unique work. I have resurrected, rewritten and revised an older poem not previously published at Verse Escape that was forcibly called to mind by the artwork called Chimera. I hope this falls within the guidelines.

Ella said...

I love the depth infused with her works of art. The soothing colors tie in beautifully with her talent!
Thank you Grace for sharing her with us~

Heaven said...

HW - Thank you for sharing it with us ~ It's beautifully written ~

cheryl said...

I'm entranced by her work. There are so many to choose from but Thaw called to me after this winter, ugghh

De said...

GORGEOUS work! As always, I am called to the sea...

Heaven said...

Ella, her colors are amazing ~

Cheryl & De, thanks for your lovely words ~

Margaret said...

I am seeing my oldest daughter back to college on Sunday. I will link to this challenge hopefully on Monday! Thanks - what gorgeous images

Kay L. Davies said...

An interesting artist indeed, Grace. I can easily see her style as background for an animated cartoon (one of my brothers has an animation studio) and I can also see her work complementing Hedgewitch's, although I haven't read anyone else's because I haven't posted yet.
K

humbird said...

Oh, new wave of inspiration! Using with Sunday whirl words ( on Sunday). Thanks, Grace! Much Love, Elisabetta!

Kenia Cris said...

Beautiful artwork, great use of hot colors. Thanks for sharing.

<3

Robyn Greenhouse said...

Beautiful artwork!

Kenia Cris said...

You nailed it Kerry, I was inspired by The Passage. I've just put the image together with the words. ;)

Marian said...

fantastic. Grace!

grapeling said...

luminous - thanks, Grace ~