Saturday, February 6, 2016

Flash 55 PLUS!

Greetings to all poets and friends! It is time for this month's Flash 55 Challenge. The rules of this prompt are simple: Write a piece of poetry or prose on a subject of your choice in precisely 55 WORDS.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PLUS!

For the optional extra part of this challenge, I invited you to visit twentytwowords.com and peruse the examples they give of several foreign words, describing common experiences, which have no direct English translation. Use the word, or its meaning as inspiration for your poem.



8 comments:

brudberg said...

Oh... I need to check out these, mångata is a very nice word... but there must be a few that are new to me :-)

Hannah said...

What a great idea! Thank you. :)

Marian said...

What a lovely prompt, Kerry. Happy weekend, everyone!

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Yes, a lovely prompt. Maybe I'll do more than one. :)

Carol Campbell said...

Fascinating words. I like the website very much. Lovely prompt, Kerry!

Outlawyer said...

Hey Kerry-- a lovely prompt and very cool words. I have been in a crazy mood though and decided to come up with a few of my own. k.

Margaret said...

Late to the party... will be posting this in Tuesday Platform as well

Rat said...

So when will the next Flash 55 plus link starts? It seems a bit late to share my 55er in this link.