Thursday, February 25, 2016

Transforming with Nature's Wonders

Hello, it's Hannah here with an opportunity to write poetry through the eyes of Nature. : the physical world and everything in it (such as plants, animals, mountains, oceans, stars, etc.) that is not made by people, (Merriam-Webster).

For the next couple of days, (this post will be featured until Noon on Saturday), explore the world of footprints. 

It's your choice of whose feet, (form or free-verse), - the options are wide open: caterpillar, ostrich, gorilla, dog, cat, bear, lion, turtle, human...what stories do their paths tell?





Here're a couple of suggestions for the writing process if you like: Address the Five W's - who, what, where, when and why, use specific sensory details and cause us to vicariously experience the perspective of your chosen being. Also, I found this great wiki site for narrative techniques - perhaps browsing this list could bring a fresh way to introduce your character.

Please, link a new poem to Mr. Linky below, the link does not expire, feel free to post more than one poem, visit others and have fun...I look forward to reading all of your poems!

Thank you, so much for sharing your tracks here, Toads and Pond Dwellers!

18 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Thanks for a wonderful challenge, Hannah. So many ways of approaching the theme.
I regret I'm going through a bit of a crisis at work, which has me quite stressed, my poetic thinking is not at an optimum.

Hannah said...

You're welcome, Kerry...I hoped so.

I'm sorry to hear of the troubles @ work...I wish peace for you in the midst of turmoil.

I'll always check back to read if it ends up that you do write for this.

Thank you, for your comment! Warm smiles.

brudberg said...

I will come back and write tomorrow... I often write with feet (mainly iambs). :-) But I have to think about something new.

Blogoratti said...

That's a great theme and challenge, warm greetings!

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Hannah, I have not been writing much or well, but I always love your prompts and this one sparked a poem for me. Thank you.

Bekkie Sanchez said...

I loved this prompt Hannah you really made me think! I don't always get to write on Thursdays but I managed this week. I'll be around to read soon.

Gillena Cox said...

absolutely luv this prompt

much love...

Hannah said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying the challenge everyone!

I'll be looking forward to reading more poem-gems this afternoon and tomorrow morning.

Happy Friday! :)

Bekkie Sanchez said...

Have a wonderful weekend Hannah! Hugs!

Therisa's World said...

Hello everyone, this is, my first time posting here, although, I have commented, on numerous Sherry's poems, posted. Must admit, my poem is, a labour of love, between myself and Star, who I welcomed, into my life, as a rescued kitten.

Margaret said...

I took liberties with "nature".... does a leaf count? I'll be back to visit and comment - I've neglected my messy kitchen all day!

PSC said...

Love this prompt! Couldn't resist adding a poem to the list. Heading back to read. Thanks!

Kenneth Cole Schneider said...

I left a link to one of my old blogs in which I showed prints of a bobcat. As a kid one of my great experiences was tracking rabbits in the snow with my father.

Carol Campbell said...

Hi! I won't be able to participate in this one. Life circumstances ahve put me behind but I'll be back! ;)

Hannah said...

Thank you for the hugs, Bekkie!

Welcome, Therisa! I'm so glad you posted about Star - rescues hold a special place in my heart!

Sure...leaf prints...absolutely, Margaret!

So happy to see you Pamela!!

Thank you for sharing your post, Kenneth and your favorite tacking memory here, too...so special. :)

I hope all goes well for you to have a smooth time catching up in 3D world - nor worries...I'll check back, Carol!!

Thank you, all for your wonderful poems and comments...you've all made my Saturday so enjoyable! ♥

Hannah said...

Oh, also...I couldn't figure out how to replace Candy's second link with the correct one so I just added it in on the end. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

My first time in--looking forward to hanging around in this garden more often. I love what you do here.

Susie Clevenger said...

A wonderful challenge! I am playing catch up because I was out of town.