Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The Tuesday Platform

Welcome to the Imaginary Garden with Real Toads...




This moving recital of La Belle Dame Sans Merci by Ben Wishaw is from the movie Bright Star, a bio pic based on the last three years of John Keats' life. In his lifetime, sales of Keats's three volumes of poetry probably amounted to only 200 copies. He died at the age of 25, not knowing the profound influence his poetry would have on English literature, as arguably one of the greatest lyrical writers. This, to me, is a solemn reminder that poetry may be of a generation but not limited to it, and no poem should ever be taken for granted.

With this in mind, you are invited to share your work using our open link. We appreciate the opportunity to come together on a weekly basis to learn from and to be inspired by all contributions.





10 comments:

cosmos cami said...

So much on my mind...

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

No poem should be taken for granted? Well, mine is a rather inconsequential little piece this time, unlikely to rival Keats – but I have done my best to write it as well as I can. I've already tinkered with it further since first posting last night. :)

Susie Clevenger said...

Happy Tuesday..Than you Kerry for the inspiration of Keats.

^.^ said...

... nice 2 meet U ... smiles ... Luca ... my name is Nikita ... wasn't sure whether 2 publish U comment ... will erase, if U want me 2 ... do the same with mine ... please, k? ... Ur poetry is precious ... Love, cat. https://www.youtube.com/embed/oxL_xY0Tm2w?rel=0&controls=0&showinfo=0

said...

I'm completely mesmerized by this reading. Thank you for sharing it.

brudberg said...

Sharing a poem written a few weeks ago inspired by Great Expectations... in turn inspired with the poem Havisham by Carol Ann Duffy... sorry for not writing a new one..

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Happy Tuesday, kids. I posted a poem I found in drafts, written for a Toads prompt but never posted........have been in a creative slump lately, just so tired, but am sure will perk up again with spring. We already have green stalks shooting up in the garden, about three inches high - we get moderate temperatures on the Island.

Carol Campbell said...

It is a shame that we don't appreciate genius in its lifetime. Thank you, Kerry for hosting the open link today!

Gillena Cox said...

Forgot to mention, i posted to the Tuesday Platform a day late

much love...

Outlawyer said...

Hey Kerry--I have always really loved that poem, and it is a great reading. Thank you very much. My poem is weird, but there it is. thanks., k.