Definition

One must make a distinction however: when dragged into prominence by half poets, the result is not poetry, nor till the autocrats among us can be “literalists of the imagination”—above insolence and triviality and can present for inspection, imaginary gardens with real toads in them, shall we have it.

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The Tuesday Platform

Welcome to The Imaginary Garden...

Today, I am sharing an Oscar nominated short film, which is perfect for an imaginary garden with real toads!



This is our open invitation to share a poem of your choice, either new or from your archives, and to hang out for a while, reading and being a part of this great extended family of poets.



10 comments:

Steve King said...

Yikes! Being first is a first...Looking forward to some fine reading today!

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Hello. I'm linking to one from eight years ago, when there was a difficult situation in my life. But I find I still like the poem, despite its sadness.

Timoteo said...

Morning y'all...the early rising TOAD gets the tastiest flies!

Stacie Eirich said...

Oh how I loved this bittersweet short film! I originally pulled it up this morning before getting my kids off to school, but only just watched it now. I can't wait to show it to them later today -- perhaps especially because it doesn't end as one might expect, but mostly because it is charming how the bugs help the caterpillar. :-) I'm linking up the short story I wrote with my daughter just a few days ago, which also happens to star a caterpillar on her journey to becoming a butterfly. Hopefully you won't mind that it's not a poem!

Adam said...

I haven't written in a few days, so it's nice to be back and read your poems!

laurie said...

this is my first visit here and I have joined to follow, its such an interesting lace to visit!! magical!thank you for visiting me today

rallentanda said...

Enjoyed the animation...surprise ending!

Shilpa Chandrasekheran said...

Happy finding this page
http://shilpachandrasekheran.blogspot.ae/?m=1

Jim said...

That is. Wonderful little film, Kerry. A happy place like the Imaginary Garden. I posted a little far out poem that i had posted late in April. It was one of the twelve I dedicated to NaPoWriMo 2016. I took some personal time off in the middle. At any rate there wasn't much readership. That is happeniing again with this linking.
..

Shilpa Chandrasekheran said...

Happy finding this page
http://shilpachandrasekheran.blogspot.ae/2016/05/second-blog.html?m=1