Tuesday, July 19, 2016

The Tuesday Platform

For to be free is not merely to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and enhances the freedom of others.
 ~ Nelson Mandela Day, July 18

Welcome to the Imaginary Garden ...




Greetings to all friends, poets, toads...
It seems to be harder each week, to find the joy and tranquility of the simple act of living, when so many innocent people are suffering on a widespread and unprecedented scale. There seems no end to cruel and unusual acts of hatred and revenge. As poets, we are called upon to be the voices of our age: to offer commentary, bear witness, speak of hope, grief, and always to sound a call to arm ourselves, not with weapons, but words. I believe that here, in the Imaginary Garden, we are all in agreement that Life Matters, in every shape and form.

WRITE ON!





12 comments:

brudberg said...

I agree... it was a hard week... maybe it's time to actually do something.

Anonymous said...

It's been a hard week in all sorts of ways. The only places where I feel relaxed and safe are at home and on WordPress with like-minded people who shoot the breeze without being critical or judgemental.

rallentanda said...

Ha...very cute video !

Stacie Eirich said...

Oh I did love this. This song is a contemporized version of an often sung hymn, particularly at funerals (in my experience) -- It is Well With my Soul. There are many, many beautiful choral and classical solo versions - but there is a version by contemporary christian singer Audrey Assad that I think fits the mood of our world now. Here's a link to the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY5o9mP22V0

Music and writing both bring peace to my soul, so it seems fitting I link up some prose poetry I wrote on both subjects a while ago.

Fireblossom said...

I like her voice!

Marian said...

Hello, dear friends, xoxo. M.

Susie Clevenger said...

I have learned a lot from a Jewel song. Thanks Toads for always being here to inspire.

Anonymous said...

That is an adorable video.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Yes, very sweet video! I am offering you some peaceful haiku this week.

Gillena Cox said...

really enjoyed this video

much love...

Outlawyer said...

hey Kerry--thanks for your steadiness. k.

Jim said...

A busy day today, Kerry. But I hardly ever miss the Tues Platform so her is a little ditty. I'l loved to have written on rage, especially Road rage, Black lives matter, Blue lives matter, and All blue lives matter.
..