Saturday, July 23, 2016

Play It Again, Toads

Greetings, dearest Toads! Margaret couldn’t make it this weekend, so we must Play It Again without her. But worry not, she’s just busy at the moment and will be back soon to delight us with her photos and words.

I stole an image Mama Zen borrowed from Pinterest. I love the quote. Also, Mama Zen’s prompt is one of my three choices for today:

1. Words Count with Mama Zen: “Is your life a circus?” (A dangerous thing to ask these days, I know.)

2. The Way of Tea: create a poem based on a quote by Sen No Rikyu, poet and tea aficionado.

3.  Kerry’s Wednesday Challenge ~ Gods in Nature: write a poem from the perspective of an ancient god or goddess, “contemplating existence in the present era.”

Please write a new poem for this prompt. Choose one of the three I’ve provided, or feel free to go archive hunting. Make sure to let us know which challenge you are choosing (include the specific link in your post). Speaking of specifics and of hungry linking tools, do feed a direct link to your knew poem to Mr. Linky. Then visit other Toads. We love sharing the words blooming in our gardens. 

11 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

Happiest Saturday, everyone. Can't wait to read the words blooming out of you! ♥

Kerry O'Connor said...

Many thanks for hosting, Magaly.

Margaret said...

Thank you, Magaly! So busy moving these past couple of months - I have unpacked the last box now all I have to do is sort through our storage facility and purge one more time. (we have NO garage, attic, or basement anymore).

I will be back to read poems at both challenges later tonight - off to enjoy this summer day.

Gillena Cox said...

Oh yes i had fun with this one Thanks Magaly; Good Saturday all

much love...

Rommy said...

LOL - I tackled all three! Tea class was very inspiring today. :D

Magaly Guerrero said...

@Kerry, no problemo. ;-)

@Margaret, Yay! for unpacking the last box. I hope you've been enjoying your day to the max.

@Gillena, it was a lot of fun to read, too.

@Rommy, triples are always yummy!

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

What fun to run away to the circus for a little while – the perfect vehicle to express a recent realisation.

Stacie Eirich said...

This prompt really spoke to me, as I was already writing a poem on the circus as part of my novel research. Thanks so much for spurring me on to finish and share. I'll come back to read & comment on others in the week ahead!

Magaly Guerrero said...

@Rosemary, I'm so glad you had so much fun with this prompt. I sure enjoyed reading about your unpredictable circus poetess.

@Stacie, Yay! for poems that were just waiting to write themselves!

Jim said...

Hi Magaly ~~ Fine prompts you picked. I did Mom Zee's circus poem request, it was a fun write. BUT. I missed that it had a minimum word count of 90, I have 134 plus a title. Sorry.
..

Magaly Guerrero said...

@Jim, you just gave us 44 extra words... for free. ;-)