Monday, January 13, 2014

Open Link Monday

Welcome to the Imaginary Garden ...

photo credit: Nellie Windmill via photopin cc
I have watched weather forecasts from the Northern Hemisphere with a kind of fascinated horror, this past week, while I swelter through some of our hottest days of summer. When I read statements like, 'colder than the surface of Mars', it seems that life has entered the realm of the imaginary. I was very relieved to hear a thaw was expected by the weekend, and I certainly hope that Monday is the start of a much warmer week for those who are still in the throes of Winter.

On a personal note, it is 'back to work' day for me, and I would like to take this opportunity to thank all our toad members for the amazing prompts and challenges which inspired us through the festive season. I have definitely felt a new sense of vigour when it comes to my own writing, and the poetry that has been posted here has been nothing short of amazing.  In that spirit, I invite one and all to link up a poem of their choice to share in the garden today. Remember to take the time to read some of the poems linked alongside your own - none of us works in a vacuum and your support is invaluable.




19 comments:

hedgewitch said...

Thankfully, we're back to normal here--but it was cold enough that I was worried my wintering-over plants would freeze--in the garage. (!) I don't envy you the heat, though, Kerry.

I am posting very late to Margaret's Orb challenge. See everyone in the morning.

Anonymous said...

Warm and pleasant on the western edge of normerica. Guess that's why the real estate is expensive. Have a good week, all ~

Susan said...

Lovely to be here for another Monday, Kerry. Fine winter Garden pic. I's hoped to see a pic of yours, though, with the steam rising.

Anonymous said...

i hope everyone is safe & warm!

this is my favorite site to link into!

Pealogic said...

Hi everyone, back after work to visit you.
Ciao
Pea

Kenia Santos said...

great Monday everyone. The sun is up and hot in Brazil, I wish I were in your backyard Kerry. My poem today has been written exclusively for the Garden. Wish you all a great week. <3

Anonymous said...

Monday *sigh* at least there's some refuge with the toads.

Fireblossom said...

No. You can't go back to work, Kerry. The poems you've come up with while your time has been your own have been a pure joy to read. We want more! Get a grant or something, please!

Anonymous said...

Hi all - we dodged the bullet last week -- it got down to the upper nth percentage of a degree above freezing last Tuesday, sparing the garden -- though salvation anywhere seems rare, these days. I hear that down in Australia the heat's been so bad that bats are falling dead from the sky. O well, whattayagonnado ... (So I ask today.)

Laura said...

And now we are in the midst of a January thaw… but that will change… at least it usually gets pretty cold again through March where I live. This has been quite the roller coaster all over the planet.

Steve King said...

Nice to be emerging from a deep freeze here in the NE USA. I look forward to visiting the posts!

Kerry O'Connor said...

Thanks, FB. After the meeting we had today I already feel my brain has dulled down to mud. I have nothing for today.

Marian said...

good monday morning, lovely toads. yes, a bit of a thaw here too. today's the day for a nice lunchtime walk, because it's supposed to rain after today. we had the craziest foggy weather this weekend as it got strangely warm and rained on top of all the snow and ice. spooky!

hedgewitch said...

I have had second thoughts about my poem and pulled it. Thanks to all who visited, and thanks to those whose poems I enjoyed.

Margaret said...

A short one today - I am way behind on commenting - oldest daughter back in college yesterday and our schedule getting back to normal.

I hope everyone experiences some sort of relief from the weather!

Jim said...

Hi Kerry ~~ Nice to be here again. I hope all with you, the Toads, and everyone else of us here has a peaceful week. My wish is for it to be as peaceful as the pretty snow scene picture you found.
..

Gel said...

Thank you, Kerry! I am new here, having hopped over from Jim's place. Must grab some sleep. I posted and will return to visit friends here old and new on Tues and beyond. I am so grateful for a writing site!

Kerry O'Connor said...

@Gel
The link you left here does not load.

Debbie said...

WoW, your image is just beautiful!! we have been on a weather "roller coaster" here at the jersey shore. i guess i am weird but i happen to love it. the good, the bad and the ugly!!