Saturday, January 11, 2014

Sunday Feature Artist: Elisabetta Trevisan


Hi everyone !   I am excited to share with you the work of Italian artist, Elisabetta Trevisan.  She was born in 1957 in Merano, a town in northern Italy, bordering on Austria.  She attended the art school of Padua and her father is a famous illustrator and cartoonist.  

Thaw     


"I have always devoted myself mainly to painting. My artworks are realized using medium density panels on which I work mixing different techniques; gouache, pastel, water colour. I also decorate on backed clay, glass, wood, fabrics, mural surfaces and self-made Papier-maché objects. Moreover, I have contributed as an illustrator to many magazines, illustrated a children book on ecology in collaboration with Ente Parco Fiume Sile, painted a collector's pack of tarot ed. Lo Scarabeo – Torino, realized settings for animated films for the television."


The Witch




Necklace of Pearls


Chimera, The Sound of Thunder

The Night








Pandora




The Passage

Klairi Angelou writes:

"Elisabetta Trevisan, inspired by the Renaissance and the Pre-Raphaelites with their infamous depiction of female figures in interior and exterior environments, has created a stunning oeuvre dominated by women with beautiful hair styles and flowing fabrics."

Website:  here
"MY FINE ART PRINTS SITE" http://betta.redbubble.com/
You can find her in Facebook

Our challenge is to write a new poem or prose poem or flash fiction (250 words limit)  based on the work & theme (women) of Elisabetta Trevisan. If you upload her image/s in your writing, please acknowledge the name of the artist and link to her site. She has expressed interest in our work and I will be sending her the link after we have completed our challenge.   I will be checking in during the week to see if anyone else has linked up. 

Wishing you all Happy Weekend ~ Grace (aka Heaven)



  


19 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Wow! Her work is amazing, Grace! Many thanks for putting this feature together.

I'm sure many toads are rolling up their sleeves. I expect some incredible poetry for this prompt.

Grazie, Elisabetta.

Grace said...

Thank you Kerry ~ Her paintings are beautiful & I look forward to reading everyone's words ~

Happy weekend to all ~

Susan said...

Here is a very little bit to give for such an incredible picture--but it came to me in a flash and insisted on being posted.

Hannah said...

Wow...she's amazing...thank you Grace, for featuring Elisabetta!

Scarlet said...

Susan and Hannah ~ I am blown away by your responses ~ Thank you ~

hedgewitch said...

Very cool, Grace. Thanks for the introduction to Ms. Trevisan's unique work. I have resurrected, rewritten and revised an older poem not previously published at Verse Escape that was forcibly called to mind by the artwork called Chimera. I hope this falls within the guidelines.

Ella said...

I love the depth infused with her works of art. The soothing colors tie in beautifully with her talent!
Thank you Grace for sharing her with us~

Scarlet said...

HW - Thank you for sharing it with us ~ It's beautifully written ~

cheryl said...

I'm entranced by her work. There are so many to choose from but Thaw called to me after this winter, ugghh

De Jackson said...

GORGEOUS work! As always, I am called to the sea...

Scarlet said...

Ella, her colors are amazing ~

Cheryl & De, thanks for your lovely words ~

Margaret said...

I am seeing my oldest daughter back to college on Sunday. I will link to this challenge hopefully on Monday! Thanks - what gorgeous images

Kay L. Davies said...

An interesting artist indeed, Grace. I can easily see her style as background for an animated cartoon (one of my brothers has an animation studio) and I can also see her work complementing Hedgewitch's, although I haven't read anyone else's because I haven't posted yet.
K

humbird said...

Oh, new wave of inspiration! Using with Sunday whirl words ( on Sunday). Thanks, Grace! Much Love, Elisabetta!

Kenia Santos said...

Beautiful artwork, great use of hot colors. Thanks for sharing.

<3

Unknown said...

Beautiful artwork!

Kenia Santos said...

You nailed it Kerry, I was inspired by The Passage. I've just put the image together with the words. ;)

Marian said...

fantastic. Grace!

Anonymous said...

luminous - thanks, Grace ~