Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Tuesday Platform

Open Air Stage, Corvara in Badia, Italy

"Whether you are a writer or an actor or a stage manager, you are trying to express the complications of life through a shared enterprise. That's what theatre was, always. And live performance shares that with an audience in a specific compact: the play is unfinished unless it has an audience, and they are as important as everyone else."  Lee Hall (Brainy Quotes)

Greetings to all bards, minstrels and itinerant poets! As always we extend a warm welcome to you, and invite you to take a turn upon our stage. This forum is for the sharing of poetry without parameters - the choice is yours. Please take a turn as a member of the audience as your interest and commentary is greatly appreciated. The Imaginary Garden with Real Toads IS a 'shared enterprise' for its members and friends.


14 comments:

brudberg said...

I felt after all the blackness I have written recently I thought I would share a little ditty with some humor... after all why not just laugh at the misery.

Anonymous said...

King Lear takes to the stage...

Gail said...

I added one I wrote Saturday. Hope that's okay.

Susan said...

Posting Late for Margaret's prompt. My weekend was so busy that I postponed it until Tuesday and Wednesday!

Kerry O'Connor said...

Good day to all! This week is off to a flying start. I am sharing a few readings of my recent poems (since grapeling asked)
:)~

Carrie Van Horn said...

Happy Tuesday everyone. :-)

Timoteo said...

Mornin' Toads!

Susie Clevenger said...

Happy Tuesday!! I am posting an older piece. I am having a bit of a struggle with writing. This too shall pass. :)

Herotomost said...

Wonderful Tuesday to all, sorry about the curse words. Something new.

Margaret said...

Sharing my sons poetry here today… Hope you don't mind (they are my photos thought :)

Margaret said...

Forgive me. I'm also sharing one I wrote and linked late to a past challenge. Hope that is OK as well.

Margaret said...

…and I will be back later tonight to finish visiting and commenting on my "Artistic Interpretations Challenge" and HERE later tonight. We had a snow day - no school - and I've need to get out to barn and grocery store before the roads ice up again. … I THOUGHT I moved to the south where winter was non-existent.

Unknown said...

I just submitted "First Night" for your reading pleasure. It was in response to Blacklight Candelabra's weekly blog challenge. This week was in the form of a haiku. I chose to attempt the traditional syllable pattern (5-7-5). And yes, those are MY feet hanging out of a tunnel in my first cave :)

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I offer an experiment - please tell me if it works for you.

Late night (or very early morning) here in Australia; I'll be back to read others in my tomorrow.