Saturday, February 28, 2015

FLASH 55 PLUS

FLASH 55


The first Sunday of a new month is upon us again, and it is time for Flash 55. The rules of this prompt have not changed: Write a piece of poetry or prose on a subject of your choice in precisely 55 WORDS.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

PLUS
Yellow Butterfly and Rose
Digital Painting by Abie Davis
The Minion Factory


The optional extra for this challenge is to add a single colour to your poem.
I have included Oscar Wilde's Symphony in Yellow as an example of how a colour can be central to the lyrical description:

An omnibus across the bridge
Crawls like a yellow butterfly,
And, here and there, a passer-by
Shows like a little restless midge.

Big barges full of yellow hay
Are moored against the shadowy wharf,
And, like a yellow silken scarf,
The thick fog hangs along the quay.

The yellow leaves begin to fade
And flutter from the Temple elms,
And at my feet the pale green Thames
Lies like a rod of rippled jade.



19 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I'm grinning a bit... I didn't notice the option of adding a color, but there is some red in my poem.

Happy Saturday, everyone. ♥

Gail said...

Thanks.

Hannah said...

Thank you, Kerry!

grapeling said...

not sure grey's a color, or absence thereof, the fade after the flash ~

Anonymous said...

Always been partial to pink. "Pink please."

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Your poem is beautiful! I am on a nostalgia trip today, and didn't use the colour option.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Michael, your link takes us to Dear Blood. I can fix it for you.

brudberg said...

I have been playing with some photos to bring out the red... so that's the color I selected.. I will be around..

Grace said...

Thanks for the additional challenge Kerry ~

Happy Sunday to all ~

hedgewitch said...

Okay--despite other issues, I can't miss a 55. It wouldn't be right. ;_)I'll be by to read others' work as I am able.

Kerry O'Connor said...

I love your foggy 55, Hedge! Thanks for participating.

Anonymous said...

A bit of prose about a blue frog :)

grapeling said...

Thanks. Sorry all.

Outlawyer said...

Michael, why are you sorry!?

Mine a little strange--oh well--but it is a 55.

Thanks, Kerry, as always. k .(Manicddaily)

Jazzbumpa said...

Mine is about death by lead poisoning, with a color.

JzB

Anonymous said...

I love IGwRT soooo much. Thanks for all the great prompts and to all the great prompters.

Susie Clevenger said...

What a beautiful poem and challenge of color.

Margaret said...

Not my 2nd poem… but it IS late. I will also post on the Tuesday Platform and will be back here to visit and comment tonight. And I am so ready for the color Yellow …. lovely poem.

Outlawyer said...

Hey Kerry--had done another 55--I don't think anyone will go--it's a little thing, but put it up. Hope all well. Still very cold here.

K.