Tuesday, March 3, 2015

The Tuesday Platform: Stay Weird Edition


I would like for this moment to be for that kid out there who feels like she’s weird or she’s different or she doesn’t fit in anywhere. Yes you do. I promise you do. Stay weird. Stay different, and then when it’s your turn, and you are standing on this stage, please pass the same message along.  
-- Graham Moore, accepting the Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay for The Imitation Game, February 22, 2015
Welcome to the Tuesday Platform in the Imaginary Garden. The Real Toads do not proffer trophies, but we have created a safe space for all to share our poems and to feel safe in being exactly who you--WE--are. Fly your freak flag, friends. Pass it on.

Please link up a poem of your choice and visit others during the week. We all put ourselves out there--sometimes way out there--and sharing and exposing oneself can be difficult. Comments and support help with that feeling of vulnerability, or of being all alone. Share the love!

17 comments:

Ornery Owl of Naughty Netherworld Press and Readers Roost said...

I don't know if I'm up to doing blog hops again yet, but this prompt spoke to me. I thought I'd share the outcome with the site admins, in any case. What the hell.
http://poetryofthenetherworld.blogspot.com/2015/03/you-mean-well-but.html

Ella said...

Yes, can so relate to this prompt~ Thank you, Marian for letting us stand in the limelight. This toad loves green~

Kerry O'Connor said...

Ah.. the perfect platform! Thank you, Marian. I have nothing of my own to offer today but I will be around to read the toads' contributions.

Magaly Guerrero said...

A platform that has filled me with warm smiles and a few cackles--we should always be proud of our weird! ♥

Timoteo said...

Greetings, Toads! We haven't had much of a winter here, and now it almost feels like spring.

Margaret said...

Yes, that was a lovely message! I am linking my late "55" and will be coming back tonight to visit and comment.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Wow, some fantastic reads in here today! Loved them all! Will be back later to see who else turns up!

Susie Clevenger said...

Yes, stay weird. Austin, Texas has a motto of "Keep Austin Weird." I hope all have a beautifully creative weird day!

Gillena Cox said...

weird is as weird does, another showstopper, im linked in today under meme title

much love...

brudberg said...

I had to stop by a little bit.. and thought I link up some found poetry.

Gail said...

I tried. I really did. Thanks.

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

Don't think mine is so weird--but it is what came out today

Other Mary said...

I don't have a poem to link up today, but I just want to say I love all your weirdos!

Outlawyer said...

Hey Marian! So cool. k.

Jim said...

Are you weird, Marian. Maybe but not in my book. My entry today is true, most will think it is my imagination. My sister and I both talk with the animals, among other strange things (howling at a full moon is my favorite).
Thank you for the nice forum, I've been busy today, now I will go read (and get my other blog ready for tomorrow afternoon posting.)
..

Anonymous said...

An out-of-control birthday wish to myself. lol
Staying weird, people.

Susmit said...

Tried to rhyme few lines for those, who feel they don't really fit anywhere. Thanks!