Tuesday, March 31, 2015

The Tuesday Platform: NaPoWriMo Eve

Toronto Music Garden Park Stage

It's the last day of March, and here in my part of the world, Spring seems finally to have shown herself. Appropriately--no time for resting, now--we Toads are getting ready for a Spring marathon. April is National Poetry Month, and we will be offering daily prompts, as well as support and encouragement, for anyone who wants to play along by writing 30 poems in 30 days. Yippee!

So, please feel free to link up a poem of your choice today for the Tuesday Platform, NaPoWriMo-Eve Style. And then come back tomorrow and throughout April to join in the chaos. Please don’t neglect to visit other Tuesday Platform participants this week; as you know, it can be the feedback from and interaction with our fellow writers that keeps us going.

2015 National Poetry Month poster, designed by Roz Chast, featuring a line of poetry from Mark Strand's "Eating Poetry"


14 comments:

Jim said...

Good morning, Marian. I am glad you finally have spring.
Every year I say "Maybe next year" for NaPoWriMo.
Best wishes for every one who starts.
..

Kenia Santos said...

Super excited about NaPoWriMo! It's going to be a great month!

Outlawyer said...

I am a little anxious about the April poetry month but expect to try. Thanks, MariAn-- glad you are getting to spring. On train forgive typos. K.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Yay! Thanks, for getting us in the right mood for the poetry mrarthon, Marian. It might not be for everyone but I always love the vibe in the garden in April.

On a personal note, I was just informed today that I have been selected as an examiner for Grade 12 Supplementary examinations from 7-11 April, so that might put a spanner in the works for me if I accept. However, I am hoping to participate in the prompts as much as possible.

Susan said...

I'm happy to see you are creating prompts for the month. And today is a great warmup. I'll participate when I can, but I am slowing down.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I love the cartoon, with one of my fave lines ever!

Susie Clevenger said...

My pen is holding its breath! I am posting an old one from 2010.

hedgewitch said...

That is a wonderful illustration Marian! Looking forward to the April frenzy and splashing around with all the pond denizens. Not posting today, but you will probably see more than enough from me soon-;_)

Carrie Van Horn said...

April will be a wonderful and fun month for us all. Glad I made it here this week Toads. I will be stopping by your blogs through out the next few days. :-)

Kerridwen said...

I'm excited but don't feel prepared! It's come so fast!

Cressida de Nova said...

Love this cartoon. Roz Chast's latest illustrated book " Can't We Talk About Something More Pleasant"
is a must read for those who like to laugh !

Susan said...

Mr. Linky is gone!

Marian said...

Mr. Linky's back! Go figure.
Love all these poems, friends! I've posted my first of April poem here, as I won't be able to attend to Magaly's prompt until later. Ladies and gentlemen, start your engines... and GO!

Susmit said...

All excited.....This April, so many good things lined up. Hope all turns well!