Saturday, June 24, 2017

FASHION ME YOUR WORDS TO FOLD ~ Ergo

FASHION ME YOUR WORDS TO FOLD ~ (An Identity) Ergo...
[images from google dot com And pinterest]


Today we are revisiting [or visiting]
Peanuts a syndicated daily and Sunday American comic strip written and illustrated by Charles M. Schulz, which ran from October 2, 1950, to February 13, 2000, continuing in reruns afterward...with philosophical, psychological, and sociological overtones... the characters' interactions form a tangle of relationships.

THE CHALLENGE:
Peruse the Peanuts cartoons shown [click for larger views], ponder them in a fresh new light, studying each character, until, you think you have found yourself in one of them, OR the nearest possiblity of yourself, at the time of your reading here at Toads.

IF by chance YOU are not there, choose a cartoon you know, which you think defines you, now.

Write a new poem, based on your rediscovery of self, accordingly. Add an image of the cartoon you have choosen for your inspiration. If you are using a cartoon that is not listed. Give us a link to it's source and tell us a tiny something in a note about it.

Limit your words to NOT MORE THAN ONE HUNDRED.

Have fun, looking forward to reading some great writes

“I think; therefore I am” - René Descartes -“Cogito, ergo sum.”


21 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Hi Gillena, Thanks for this great idea. I think there will be many interesting responses.

Also, I added the linky for you and posted it myself as it was scheduled for midday on Sunday instead of Saturday.

brudberg said...

I need to look a bit to find one speaking to me... Great challenge.

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks Kerry

much love...

Gillena Cox said...

Looking forward to reading your poem Bjorn

much love...

Anonymous said...

Where is everybody?

Anonymous said...

I love the first comic. That is so true. :)

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

I had fun with this. You ended up getting two for the price of one. Gillena, did you mean to suggest your own 'Fold' form? Because it leapt into my mind!

Angie said...

Math isn't funny to me...but Charlie Brown's little sister, Sally is.

The Bizza said...

These prompts have helped shake me from my funk a bit. Much appreciated.

Kerry O'Connor said...

I am having a problem loading wordpress blogs. I will try again later.

Gillena Cox said...

Think, everyone's off somewhere, thinking about this one Martin

much love...


(✿◠‿◠)

Gillena Cox said...

Looking forward to reading a poem from you Rene

much love...

(✿◠‿◠)

Gillena Cox said...


oh no no no Rosemary, this was open to any form of your choice, The constraint was the word count not more than a hundred words

much love...
(✿◠‿◠)

Gillena Cox said...

She sure is Angie, and Math gave me no end of trouble in my day

(✿◠‿◠)

much
love...

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for you interest Bizza (✿◠‿◠)

much love...

Gillena Cox said...

I was able to read your poem Kerry

Thanks for participating (✿◠‿◠)

much love...

Marian said...

OMG I love Peanuts sooooo much!! Not sure I can do this today but I have it on my mind and hope to participate!! Wonderful, Gillena. xo

Gillena Cox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for dropping in Marian, looking forward to reading a poem from. It's so nice that the linky here remains open

Much love...

Liz Rice-Sosne said...

Kerry, thanks so much for such a fun prompt. It was a real pleasure to use - problem is I can't remember her name. Hope someone will tell me. Thanks again.

Anonymous said...

I found the prefect strip
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz