Thursday, August 3, 2017

Artistic Interpretations with Margaret - Quilt Me a Poem



Welcome to Artistic Interpretations.  Inspiration is found in nature, museums, and ... fabric stores.  It is true - fabric stores can become an addiction - and I have accumulated a lot of fabric since I have taken up quilting about a year ago.

The challenge is to write a poem using one of these fabric details OR if you have a special quilt (or memories of one) write about that instead.

I have been swamped this summer with family and "responsibility" and I want to extend the offer to link an old poem if you don't have time to write a new one - I don't usually do this, but I'd rather have you participate than not.  Sometimes going back and looking at an "old" poem, one finds the inclination to change it up a bit, however, please stick with the theme I have provided.

Link to Mr. Linky below and please visit the other poets.  I look forward to your artistic interpretation.


















14 comments:

Fireblossom said...

When I visited Cooperstown, New York, for the Baseball Hall of Fame, they also had a wonderful quilt museum there and had a loaned display of Amish quilts. It was memorable.

Kim M. Russell said...

I have an old friend in Dublin who is a master quilter. She makes the most exquisite quilts, cushion covers and bags. I also love fabrics and, on the rare occasions I go shopping in Norwich, I can never resist a wonderful Aladdin's cave of a fabric shop on Magdalen Street.

tonispencer said...

I like this prompt. My mother was quite a quilter and made many beautiful quilts, which she gave away. I'm afraid this prompt took me to a dark place in my herstory but...

Marian said...

I am/was quilter, grew up in Amish country! An Amish quilt auction is really an amazing event, too. Haven't made any since before I had kids but who knows, maybe I will again. Meanwhile I have lots adorning the walls and beds in our house. :) Really, *really* understand how that fabric stash can get outta hand very quickly. I have several older quilt poems but maybe can cook up a new one for this, we'll see. Thank you, Margaret! :)

Angie said...

I like piece-mealling poems together..just like a quilt. thanks for the prompt

Anonymous said...

Remember to support our fellow artists.
Thank you, Margaret

Margaret said...

Shay - I love Amish anything !! and can't imagine walking through a museum of Amish quilts!

Kim, Toni, and Marian - yes - I see we all adore quilts... :) I'm quite addicted now on the creative end of it...

Thanks, Martin for reminding people to visit!

tonispencer said...

I zigged when I should have zagged and left the wrong link for Number 6. The correct one is Number 7. So very sorry. Like a cat, I was looking out the window at all the hummingbirds and became too distracted.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Such sumptuous fabrics. One image could be straight from my garden. I will set aside some time on Saturday morning to put thought to paper.
Thank you, Margaret.

Kerry O'Connor said...

I removed the incorrect link, Toni.

tonispencer said...

Thank you Kerry!

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

One of these pieces of fabric brought back instant memories of a funny little happenstance.

Anonymous said...

Great idea for a prompt and a wonderful array of choice. Only one for me though.

Outlawyer said...

These are just beautiful, Margaret, thanks!