Thursday, August 10, 2017

Writing Unseen




Greetings Garden Dwellers and welcome to the Out of Standard, where I set before you a challenge to defy the conventions of a particular theme and find new places in the everyday. 

Writing unseen
Today’s prompt is fairly simple.  

Write a poem about something you can’t see fully. Whether it’s the sea monster draped in darkness or just the silhouette of a lover blotted out by the sun, we are all intrigued with the details that exist but escape our sights. 

That's it. The platform is yours. The mic is warm.

Keep in mind
Like every challenge, your poem must by newly written and not one which you have previously written which conveniently fits the theme.


So go now, my muddy buddies, and bring us back something shiny and new.


9 comments:

Carrie Van Horn said...

Just so glad to be here! I can't tell you how many times I try to do a prompt, but I am usually at work and I just can't get it done in time. I look forward to reading everyone's writing. Thank you Isadora for a wonderful prompt! :-)

tonispencer said...

This is indeed a wonderful prompt. I decided to write about the future and a tree branch. It has been great reading the poems of other Toads.

Anonymous said...

Thank you,everyone, for all the support

Jim said...

A very nice, fun prompt, Izzy. Thank you. I will be anxious to see how the bunch handles it. I just wrote. This old house came to mind at supper time. Now I'm awake but I'm finished and my pain pill (I hope the pres doesn't hide them from me) for a terrible tooth ache has just taken affect. Mrs. Jim and KP are asleep, have been for some time now. My turn, I go to the dentist in the morning. It's a six hour pill, my appointment is at 8:40, I will medicate first but another Vicodin will not come then.
..

hedgewitch said...

Thanks, Izy--just happened to have a dream...hope it works.

Kerry O'Connor said...

Such a great prompt, Izy. Thanks for always keeping us on our toes. I'm late to the party and had a trying week but maybe I can get my wheels spinning tomorrow morning.

Marian said...

Am (typically) behind in my reading but this is a terrific prompt and I'll catch up with you all on the weekend.

Fireblossom said...

Having a lot of trouble with Blogger today, but finally got mine up, minus the song I wanted to go with it.

Margaret said...

Posting Late - maybe I'll also add it to Tuesday Platform. Just got back from vacation on Ocracoke Island. Thanks for the prompt!