Saturday, August 19, 2017

Micro Poetry ~ Uncomplicated Things

Greetings to all! Today is the day we put the "mini' back into the Sunday Mini-Challenge, and return to the option of form poetry. The object of this challenge is to write a poem in no more than 10 lines (but you may write in fewer than 10 lines all the way down to a single American sentence). Choose your own form or write in free verse, if preferred.

Free Wallpaper
Text Added: © Leonard Cohen


This weekend, our frame of reference is "Uncomplicated Things" - from the second line of the poem, The Moon, by Leonard Cohen. I look forward to reading a number of short poems, from Saturday through to Monday. The link does not expire, so please feel free to write more than one poem, and a return to comment on poems linked later would be appreciated.


18 comments:

brudberg said...

Hello,

I wrote one very quickly... there are something that are really very uncomplicated

Sanaa Rizvi said...

Loved the prompt, Kerry!💖 Sharing my poem "Of love and uncomplicated things" ..Happy Weekend, everybody!💖

tonispencer said...

I wrote this just last night during one of those intense sudden rain storms that only happen at night. Seredipity.

Blogoratti said...

Such a great prompt indeed.

Julian said...

Thank you, Kerry, for this prompt.

hyperCRYPTICal said...

Cheers Kerry for this excellent prompt. (I tried to ignore it, resolute on having a lazy night - but thoughts kept invading my head!)
Kind regards
Anna :o]

Margaret said...

Thank you Kerry! I think I 'm back on track - good to be writing poetry again.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Kerry. I read all our contributors.

Sherry Blue Sky said...

Hi kids, i am away fRom home on my tablet and having trouble copying and oasting. My respinse is the latest on my blog , titled Uncomplicated Things. Great topic in these complicated times.

Anonymous said...

Morning folks...sunday morning here...well...just afternoon but hey..i'm on holiday ;) I'll pen and read shortly...love the prompt.

brudberg said...

Sorry for being late doing the rounds... Where out running a Midnight 10K yesterday, and just came back from a long walk.

Angie said...

Keep it simple, stupid....that old KISS acronym inspired me to indeed keep it simple. thanks

Gillena Cox said...

Good Sunday everyone Please enjoy my fantasy a serving of moon this Sunday

much love...

Susie Clevenger said...

Thanks Kerry! I needed a bit of uncomplicated in my life or to at least acknowledge the joy of uncomplicated.

Outlawyer said...

great prompt. Mine a little silly. Thanks.

Brendan said...

Three short poems wrote themselves for a triptych uncomplicated in hue if not dolor. Or was that the other way around? Anyway, thanks for opening another Pandora's box, Kerry, while the moon shows us today what is in hers.

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Thanks for the prompt. My subject matter was right there!

Kerry O'Connor said...

I'm so glad you managed three poems, Brendan.. There's magic in the moon for sure.