Tuesday, May 15, 2018

The Tuesday Platform ~ Running on ...

Tuesday, May 15, 2018 -Running on ... 

public domain image


Welcome to the Tuesday Platform! 

Here's your chance to showcase a poem - of your choice. Something old? Something new? Definitely not borrowed. Perhaps Blue? Maybe yellow for the sun?

So Toads and Travelers - link up a poem - then share, by reciprocating - visiting what other friends and fellows are posting. Offer your thoughts to them. Enjoy your process, the musings and ideas.

And perhaps you're looking for some ideas?
Use the image of all those shoes - Converse  - to spark your imagination's universe - then go forth and converse with the others. And since my mind works in mysterious ways - the chorus from Jackson Browne's song: Running On Empty. (it's easy enough to find the lyrics if the song is unknown to you, as well as the video - classic rock) ... let your mind wander if you're a bit weary for ideas.

Running on, running on empty
Running on, running blind
Running on, running into the sun
But I'm running behind
Songwriters: Jackson Browne
Running On Empty lyrics © Red Brick Music Publishing

Enjoy the running and the ride, friends 
willow_switches ~ Pat🍃

14 comments:

Marian said...

Good morning, friends!

Fireblossom said...

I love that song and lots by Jackson Browne. I was on a long road trip with friends when I was 23, and we had two cassettes in the car with us. One of them was "Running On Empty." I'll always associate that music with that trip and those friends.

Happy Tuesday, and thanks for hosting!

Fireblossom said...

Damn! Everybody read Thotpurge today. Wow.

Gillena Cox said...

Good day everyone. Willow thanks for hosting today's Tuesday Platform

much love...

Unknown said...

I added my sister's poem "Regrets" into the links but I'll be the one hopping around commenting (she's afraid she'll say something wrong as she's new at blogging -- rolls my eyes -- she's my younger sister and more creative than she thinks she is -- it's funny in real life she's the friendly one who talks to everyone and I'm the shy one, lol)

Mary (Cactus Haiku) who added luckyHiro's link for Regrets at wilds of Idaho.

Anonymous said...

Good morning - well, afternoon for me, and good day to one and all.

thanks for taking some time to post and bop around reading and sharing your thoughts with your fellow travelers - I know it's appreciated.

I've been badly affected this last week by the equivalent of a migraine and am only gaining some solid footing, so I may slow off the mark to stop in see what wonders you've shared this week, but I will get there.

@ Fireblossom : it's a great song, and definitely a wonderful album - and I can imagine how it easily has become something of a treasured memories - roadtripping with certain people, especially at that time of life .... glad it brought you back to these special moments :)

@ Gillena : my pleasure to host


@ Mary : thanks for stopping in and sharing your sister's link - hopefully she'll take a peek later on and all and see that despite being "new" to blogging, everyone is welcome here and that there will be many who will be happy to discover a new voice and make a new friend. Poetic follies and creative endeavours are part of the "party" as it were.

brudberg said...

Hello all... just sharing a poem I wrote using names of different perfumes...

Sherry Blue Sky said...

I have spent most of my life running on empty, lol, so this is an apt direction to go in.....thanks for hosting, Pat, and lovely to see you doing so.

Jim said...

Like the theme much. I used to run miles and miles, in the rain I felt like a deer. Now my runing is figurative, doctor's orders. Thank you, W.S. for the nice prompt suggestion, I used it.
..

colleen said...

Instead of posting one poem, I went to a poetry salon and got a few video clips to choose from.

Frank J. Tassone said...

Evening, Toads! Thanks, Pat!

Anonymous said...

Thanks to everyone for submitting - it's been a pleasure to read. Be sure to stop in and visit with friends and new faces, as you can. We all appreciate a thoughtful comment. 😊

Kerry O'Connor said...

I am so behind in commenting and haven't written anything in a while.... It is a very tough month of the year.
Thanks for hosting, Pat.

Anonymous said...

my pleasure to host Kerry - I noticed your absence, and hope you find some time to rest and just reset yourself as best works for you - be well my friend 🍃